What's happening with elective surgery where you are?

RealAvalon
This topic is 1449 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Elective surgery was suspended in Canada mid-March to prioritize hospital beds (ICU beds in particular) for COVID.

After a month and a half delay because of COVID 19 planning, my friend went into the hospital today for cataract surgery. He arrived at 10am, and was out of the hospital by 11:15am, with one Ativan, and no bill to think about.

Amazing.

Edited by RealAvalon

Elective surgery has resumed in Canberra, and today a pop-up 51-bed hospital has been opened on a sports ground adjacent to Canberra Hospital. It may not be used, but 37 days ago when it was started nobody would have known that. It cost $14m, but it can be taken down and packed away, and potentially sold.

I had elective surgery a week ago last Monday...I had a lumbar epidural and a left hip/leg ablation...The Surgery Centre will do one procedure every other hour..or half of the normal schedule...no patients allowed inside waiting room..We had to sit in our car until my time..With that they ran 45 minutes late...Glad it was done..the relief was worth the wait...