Who Knew He Could Sing?

Gar1eth
This topic is 1459 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A bit of a story-I look at some of the British game shows on YouTube like "8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown" and "Would I Lie To You. These are more like "Match Game" or Tattletales" with celebrity comedians being funny as opposed to regular people a la "The Price Is Right". I follow one of presenters on Twitter. Looking at her Twitter Feed I came across Gary Barlow famous from the British Group Take That. He's been putting up duets on Twitter for fans to take our mind off the quarantine.

He's dueted (trioed in one case) with at least two of us Yanks-Matthew Morrison and JC Chasez. These can all be found on YouTube.

But I just found a duet of Sweet Caroline with a popular English comedian named Jason Manford. Now Jason has a very, very northern English accent when he speaks. I have to listen carefully to him sometimes to figure out what he's saying. But this duet with Barlow was very good.

So I entered a Google Query of "Who Knew Jason Manford could sing?" Well the query populated itself pretty much while I was typing. It had apparently been asked before. And I found he had been a guest on a concert with Alfie Boe-a famous English tenor who's played Jean Valjean in the 25th Anniversary Concert as well as on Broadway. Plus Jason was playing the lead in a touring production of Curtains until it was canceled by the pandemic

So here for your delectation is Jason Manford singing "Stars" from Les Miz.

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

I know the name Gary Barlow from his 2013 duet with Agnetha Faltskog. They performed the song at a charity event; it was her first time on stage in years.

Gary is a part of a group named Take That. They had a number 7 hit, "Back For Good" in 1995.

Robbie Williams who eventually went solo and had the hit "Angels" was a member of the group at that time.

Gman

Wait....Robbie Williams was in Take That?

You learn something new everyday!

According to Wikipedia, the band formed in 1989. Robbie was a back up singer. He left in 1995 to go solo. I hope that worked out well for him.;) He's rejoined them a couple of times for one off performances.

Here's Gary Barlow their lead singer and Robbie brightening up our quarantine. (I realize this isn't the original topic of this thread. But it's my thread, so I asked politely and gave myself permission. :p)

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth