Is Silicone Lube Safe for Long Term Use?

orville
This topic is 1477 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silicone (basically, sand) is generally considered pretty harmless both to humans and to the environment in general. Avoid oil-based lubricants around condoms, as they can degrade condoms.

https://www.womensvoices.org/lubricants-womens-health/

Yes, it's from a women's use aspect, but great information nonetheless. To play it safe if you are concerned, especially if using with new partners, I usually go with a water based lube that is branded as 'natural' 'sensitive' or specially geared towards women, because the vagina is more sensitive, those products will be the most natural to the body with the least foreign ingredients.

I have found some silicone lubes to cause me to break out around the mouth and face if it got there, and other water based ones to irritate my ass the cock. Currently, for a silicone lube I use Pjur Original

and for a water based Sliquid Sea

Yes, it's from a women's use aspect, but great information nonetheless. To play it safe if you are concerned, especially if using with new partners, I usually go with a water based lube that is branded as 'natural' 'sensitive' or specially geared towards women, because the vagina is more sensitive, those products will be the most natural to the body with the least foreign ingredients.

I have found some silicone lubes to cause me to break out around the mouth and face if it got there, and other water based ones to irritate my ass the cock. Currently, for a silicone lube I use Pjur Original

It is so hard to get the taste of silicone lube from out of your mouth :p

Yes, anal lube but I have heard few people saying is not good for health over long term and more organic options like almond oil or coconut oil are completely harmless compared to silicone which could present complications.

Coconut oil shouldnt be used with latex condoms because it degrades the condom. It can lead to yeast infections for women due to it being able to change the acidic pH. Lastly, it has the possibility of causing an allergic reaction if your partner is allergic to coconuts.

I forgot it can also stain your sheets and go rancid if you do not get unrefined coconut oil.

Edited by Chad Constantine

Well if for some reason silicone lube is used by accident have a small bottle of coconut oil on hand. It is a great way to sooth skin and anal irritation because of it antimicrobial, anti-fungal, and antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. Another good treatment for irritated intimate areas are lemongrass baths.

Edited by Chad Constantine

While silicone is a totally awesome lube for sex, it stains everything (headboards, sheets, clothes, walls, etc) and is a total nightmare to wash off the skin. You practically need paint thinner or nail polish remover to get it off. And yes, my skin is NOT happy afterwards. And no, rest assured, I'm not rubbing paint thinner or nail polish remover over my mouth, crotch, and tailpipe. ;) Ouch!

Maybe old fashioned spit isn't such a bad option afterall. Hmm. (Lightbulb emoji)

While silicone is a totally awesome lube for sex, it stains everything (headboards, sheets, clothes, walls, etc) and is a total nightmare to wash off the skin. You practically need paint thinner or nail polish remover to get it off. And yes, my skin is NOT happy afterwards. And no, rest assured, I'm not rubbing paint thinner or nail polish remover over my mouth, crotch, and tailpipe. ;) Ouch!

Maybe old fashioned spit isn't such a bad option afterall. Hmm. (Lightbulb emoji)

Your comment made me remember a time where I first started having my hair colored...the tube was actually jet black when it should had been ash blonde...and in a hurry the jet black stained part of my forehead and face where it dripped. Had to spend the wee hours of the morning washing my face with soap, then acetone, then rubbing alcohol, then aloe lotion and repeat to get it all off my face before the wedding during the day that I was helping to plan with my girlfriend for our roommate.

Have you tried white vinegar and water it is supposed to be a good degreaser.

There seem to be a slew :) of different varieties of Sliquid Sea on amazon...which one do you recommend?

I have the one that actually says 'sea' right now.

I would not recommend the regular 'h2o' one

I think I have tried the pink label one before, but dont remember it being called sassy.

As a sassy scorpio I will have to make note to refresh my memory.

The silk is a cream consistency....fun for the visual but can get too sticky time to time

...can get too sticky time to time
Thanks. Stickiness has always been my problem with water-based lube. But silicone (as mentioned above) has its own problems, especially when you're renting an airbnb, even one with a washing machine. Do you have a work-around for the tendency of water-based to get sticky and provide less lubrication?

Thanks. Stickiness has always been my problem with water-based lube. But silicone (as mentioned above) has its own problems, especially when you're renting an airbnb, even one with a washing machine. Do you have a work-around for the tendency of water-based to get sticky and provide less lubrication?

Only to experiment with different ones to find one that is acceptable to you, don't be afraid to reapply, and hydrate before so its easier to produce saliva and combine with spit