Can anyone suggest a place to stay in Honolulu

David-SF
This topic is 5922 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was in Honolulu in April. Stayed at the Ohana East Hotel the day before and the day after the cruise. It wasn't a "brand" I was familiar with but I found it to be very comfortable. Plan to stay there again.

I also appreciated the fact that we could check-in early (before noon) at no extra charge. Our room rate was $149 (taxes not included).

It's located about 2 very short blocks from the beach (near the Hyatt). Also within easy walking distance to Hula's Bar and Lei Stand and the gay beach area.

Here's hotel info:

Ohana East

150 Kaiulani Avenue

Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815-3292

Ph: 808-922-5353

Fax: 808-954-8800

Email: oeh@ohanahotels.com

Located at the corner of Kuhio Avenue and Kaiulani Avenue.

5-minute walk to Waikiki Beach, International Market Place and Kalakaua Avenue.

1/4 mile to Kapiolani Park, Honolulu Zoo, Waikiki Aquarium.

4 miles to Downtown Honolulu.

9 miles to Honolulu International Airport.

http://www.ohanahoteleast.com/

>Located at the corner of Kuhio Avenue and Kaiulani Avenue.

Great location.

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is on Kaiulani a half block from the beach. I had a 3rd floor room and it was downright fun sitting on my balcony just watching cute guys going to/leaving the beach over morning coffee.

Cute guys do amazing things when they think nobody is watching. Ugly guys do too. Eww.

That particular Sheraton isn't the brightest jewel in the Sheraton crown, but it's adequate and cheap usually. You can often find it in Travelocity's "weekend getaway" specials.

The office next to mine is a travel agent that only does Hawaii. It's fun to hear them compare "On" the beach vs. "At" the beach vs. "Near" the beach.

You really need to decide what you want and ask for it when going to Honolulu.

Archived