Vintage men

THE RENT BOYS OF PARESIS HALL, NEW YORK CITY IN THE 1890s

The top picture shows the various ‘Renters’ (Sex Workers) in a group photograph. The tangle of implements, I suppose, are designed to give them an air of respectability. The pictures of individual boys are the calling cards to give to clients. The final picture shows Paresis or Columbia Hall in recent years.

The Hall served as a all male brothel and gay bar for some years. Due to it’s ever increasing popularity it was closed down by the city authorities.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

3 hours ago, Danny-Darko said:

Recruiting sergeants outside the Mitre & Dove, King Street, London in 1877. Soldier could also usually be depended upon to give a gentleman a good time for a couple of bob (£9.00 in todays money)

I also found this quote:

As well as recruiting the young men of the time into the British Army, it was common practice among soldiers to be bought by rich gents for a couple of bob (shillings)

Reg.jpg

The gents always love the cute guys!

12 hours ago, Danny-Darko said:

Seaman H. Baker of the United States Naval Reserve was convicted of sodomy, and sentenced to six years in prison in June 1908. Such a handsome man! 

So much suffering! So many had their lives ruined just because of whom they loved and slept with! 💔😭

Sod.jpg

This brought a tear to my eye. I hoped his life turned out well and was able to feel love and freedom after serving in prison for such an absurd "crime" as to be himself in a way that caused no harm to another living thing.