Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

foxy
This topic is 1515 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Metcalf is worth the price of admission alone. I'm amazed how she can jump from one thing to another with such ease. After she's done with this short run of Woolf, she's going into:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Nathan-Lane-and-Laurie-Metcalf-Will-Lead-a-DEATH-OF-A-SALESMAN-Revival-in-2021-20200208

However, I hope that Everett can pull off George. He's got some big shoes to fill.

TDF is a wonderful organization, but tickets are assigned by the box office and on more than one occasion I've sat in the last row of the theater. Sometimes it works just the opposite and I've been center orchestra. I think it depends on the individual theater box office, and the demand at an individual performance. The worst theaters for TDf seats seem to be, for me, The Hudson theater, and the Helen Hayes. It's the luck of the draw.

Because I am a huge Laurie Metcalf fan, I bought a ticket online last month and I'm seeing it up close on April 1 (yeah, I know it's April Fools Day!). Really looking forward to it.

I had hoped to see Eddie Izzatd, but Rupert Everett sounds intriguing. And, as always, Russell Tovey is nice eye candy.

I’ve never understood the logic of TDF seat assignments if indeed there is any. More often than not I’ve wound up with some very good seats, often in center orchestra. But it is a crap shoot. Still with theater tickets at such bargain basement prices one can hardly complain. I was surprised however when Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf popped up with quite a few dates available. And now it’s been pulled. No more TDF discounted seats. I’d love to know how these decisions are made and by who? Just the same I check the site several times a day and have learned to move quickly when I see something I want.

• 4 weeks later...

This is I thought a wonderful and devastating production. I went primarily for Laurie Metcalf but Rupert Everett certainly held his own. Watching George and Martha tear each other to shreds certainly kept me on edge for the entire show. Russell Tovey and Patsy Ferran didn’t get left in the dust either. How these actors can do this every night is beyond me. I left drained but in a good way. Highly recommended.

This is I thought a wonderful and devastating production. I went primarily for Laurie Metcalf but Rupert Everett certainly held his own. Watching George and Martha tear each other to shreds certainly kept me on edge for the entire show. Russell Tovey and Patsy Ferran didn’t get left in the dust either. How these actors can do this every night is beyond me. I left drained but in a good way. Highly recommended.

Seeing this in early April. I cannot wait :)

I hear that Everett has some diction issues... Did you notice it?

I didn’t have any problem with Everett’s diction. These are such exhausting roles and the energy is often at such a fever pitch if there were any stumbles I missed them. Now I want to read the play. Maybe see it a second time. I rather enjoyed watching Metcalf grab Tovey’s balls.

I didn’t have any problem with Everett’s diction. These are such exhausting roles and the energy is often at such a fever pitch if there were any stumbles I missed them. Now I want to read the play. Maybe see it a second time. I rather enjoyed watching Metcalf grab Tovey’s balls.

Enjoy it a second time. Just read it's one of the B'way shows that's responded to the virus crisis by reducing ticket prices to $50. Wish I weren't 9,000 miles away.

I got my ticket on TDF for $47 with fees. I was row A of the mezzanine on the aisle. So a good seat. But not everyone can join TDF so $50 seats are a real bargain. I can understand people‘s reluctance to going to the theater right now or going anywhere there are large groups of people. It’s not an easy choice but an individual one. Since I love going to the theater and have great respect for both performers and anyone involved in theatrical productions it makes me sad to think of empty theaters.

I got my ticket on TDF for $47 with fees. I was row A of the mezzanine on the aisle. So a good seat. But not everyone can join TDF so $50 seats are a real bargain. I can understand people‘s reluctance to going to the theater right now or going anywhere there are large groups of people. It’s not an easy choice but an individual one. Since I love going to the theater and have great respect for both performers and anyone involved in theatrical productions it makes me sad to think of empty theaters.

I had an excellent ticket for "West Side Story" and decided to not Rick taking the train back and forth Philly - NYC to see the musical. Even though the risk might have been low, it wasn't worth the risk at least to me. And in my last trip I saw "Little Shop of Horrors" and the LBJ play with Brian Cox. That was wonderful, but enough for a while