Avenue 5 on HBO

MikeBiDude
This topic is 1564 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What is going on at HBO?

Was there a change in ownership? Management? They traditionally premiered new (new-for-tv, new-for-HBO,) movies on Saturday evening. Several years ago, they yielded the first release on TV segment to others, like Starz, but the movies were still recognizable as something that was in the theaters in the recent past.

For the past six months, they're premiering horrible movies I've never heard of each week. Their made for HBO stuff has gone sideways.... the only original I watched since mid-2019 was Succession.- I rarely watch HBO anymore.

I'm sorry I'm locked into an HBO subscription, and I'll be dropping it when the subscription package ends.

What is going on at HBO?

Was there a change in ownership? Management? They traditionally premiered new (new-for-tv, new-for-HBO,) movies on Saturday evening. Several years ago, they yielded the first release on TV segment to others, like Starz, but the movies were still recognizable as something that was in the theaters in the recent past.

For the past six months, they're premiering horrible movies I've never heard of each week. Their made for HBO stuff has gone sideways.... the only original I watched since mid-2019 was Succession.- I rarely watch HBO anymore.

I'm sorry I'm locked into an HBO subscription, and I'll be dropping it when the subscription package ends.

A good news item there is that the new season of High Maintenance has started. If you have not seen it I would recommend. It is a little different in tone than when it began but I would still recommend it.

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/high-maintenance.132862/

Agree! If it wasn’t for the fact I’m getting free HBO via my AT&T wireless plan...I wouldn’t be subscribing to it.

Succession ????

the Outsider I’m enjoying ??(I’m a shameless Steven King constant reader)

Westworld ??

Avenue 5 ?

New Pope....undecided but Season 1 was better for me than this season 2 so far

And don't forget Curb Your Enthusiasm - the funniest show on TV.

Completely forgot!! I’m actually binge watching from season 1 with a family member that had never seen the show. So I’m delaying season 10 for now. Pretty, pretty.....good!

One of the best on TV

Completely forgot!! I’m actually binge watching from season 1 with a family member that had never seen the show. So I’m delaying season 10 for now. Pretty, pretty.....good!

One of the best on TV

Binge watching. Excellent! Season 10 so far is fantastic. Larry. Jeff. Susie. Cheryl. Leon. They are all at their comedic peaks.

One of the best on TV

Only because you mentioned S1 from Curb Your Enthusiasm - The episodes where Larry picks up the prostitute so that he can drive in the express lane and the episode where he is looking to buy a bra for Cheryl for her birthday and in trying to determine Cheryl's bra size looks at Susie's bra in Jeff and Susie's laundry room. He does a couple of things he shouldn't not realizing that Susie had put monitoring in the room because Susie thinks her housekeeper is stealing from her. Two of the funniest things I have seen on television.

Only because you mentioned S1 from Curb Your Enthusiasm - The episodes where Larry picks up the prostitute so that he can drive in the express lane and the episode where he is looking to buy a bra for Cheryl for her birthday and in trying to determine Cheryl's bra size looks at Susie's bra in Jeff and Susie's laundry room. He does a couple of things he shouldn't not realizing that Susie had put monitoring in the room because Susie thinks her housekeeper is stealing from her. Two of the funniest things I have seen on television.

It’s all as funny the second time around for me...and for my family member seeing for the first time. Such good stuff..