Sounds Like They Took Some Lessons From You Know Who

TruthBTold
This topic is 1605 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I haven't been following this story very closely, but it sure sounds like entrapment to me. ICE set up a fake university, got foreign students to enroll and come to the US, then arrested them when they got here. Is there something I'm missing?

Not really. It is entirely unfair. How were the students to know it wasn't bona fide?

Not really. It is entirely unfair. How were the students to know it wasn't bona fide?

Just a couple of questions. Would they qualify for valid visas or some other exemption such that they would be eligible to be in the U.S. once they enrolled in the fake U.S.? Did they attempt to enroll in student visas or some such exemptions?

You don't think there is simply a large chunk missing from the story as reported? It would seem from what is stated that the only crime is that committed by the "university" in presumably collecting fees for services that they had no intention of providing.

I get the impression they applied for student visas based on enrolling in this fake university. Then once they got here and found out they were unable to register for any actual classes, they were called out on visa violations.

I believe this is definitely not a violation, unless the regulations state that a student must have been granted a visa before they set foot on U.S. soil. Of course, if it was a school the U.S. itself set up, it appears that they were entrapped into the crime.

The students caught up in the sting are far from innocent. "The fake university told the students they could be enrolled in their school to get into the United States on student visas and then never attend the school as part of a 'pay to stay' scam."

For all those foaming at the mouth at the Evil Orange Man, please note that this fake university sting started during the Obama administration.