WhatsApp question

Reisr30
This topic is 1632 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I found a companion on PR as I have a trip to Europe in the new year and he sent me his WhatsApp. When I try to send him a message it tells me the number is not on WhatsApp. I sent him a message on PR asking him whether he sent me the right number but thought I’d ask if this Is a common occurrence?

I find that figuring out the correct format of international numbers can be a pain in the *ss. I've had the other person first send me a message and then saved the number from the message to my contact list. It's also helpful to google international phone number format for <whatever country>. (e.g., when to drop a leading zero or a trunk code digit).

I found a companion on PR as I have a trip to Europe in the new year and he sent me his WhatsApp. When I try to send him a message it tells me the number is not on WhatsApp. I sent him a message on PR asking him whether he sent me the right number but thought I’d ask if this Is a common occurrence?

This can be tedious as a lot of people try to choose the country code prior to entering the number when beginning a new chat for a new contact, but I’ve actually found if you just copy and paste the number as is into the mobile field, even if it is preset to the United States, WhatsApp will immediately recognize from which country the number is from and if the person in question has a WhatsApp account. Granted he sent you his number with a + and his prospective country code.