Pay Masseur via Gift Card?

Olderbutfit
This topic is 1613 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

he asked that I bring part of the payment via an EBay gift card.

Well..the well known scam is sending a gift card BEFORE the appointment.

The OP suggests he was asked to “bring” a gift card (to the session?). If that’s the case...where’s the risk to the client? Seems the masseur puts himself at risk.

I’m not naive! I’ve warned many young friends of the dangers of gift cards.

I very frequently give my Seeking Arrangement or other social media friends/meets a gasoline gift card as a little gift (in addition to any allowance already negotiated)...it’s always appreciated here in SoCal.

From reading this thread and previous discussion, I assume he would’ve asked me for the giftcard before the massage to complete the scam. As his profile was removed I don’t know his name. Said he was visiting Stamford Ct thru 12/5. He had 832 area code, which is somewhere in Texas. I could screenshot the photos he sent but not sure how to upload.

The OP suggests he was asked to “bring” a gift card (to the session?). If that’s the case...where’s the risk to the client? Seems the masseur puts himself at risk.Cal.

In this case what could be happening is the customer buys the gift card to supposedly bring to session. But the so-called masseur would ask the customer to read the number on back to verify he actually got the gift card. As long as the scammer has the number he can use the gift card. If customer is on way to session he may be more likely to be not so smart and read off the number.

The OP suggests he was asked to “bring” a gift card (to the session?). If that’s the case...where’s the risk to the client? Seems the masseur puts himself at risk.

There's absolutely no way the provider was asking to be paid after the session in giftcards. That would open them up to a client bringing unactivated giftcards and cheating the provider. Occam's razor... the provider would have asked for the card numbers before sending the details for meeting.

There's absolutely no way the provider was asking to be paid after the session in giftcards. That would open them up to a client bringing unactivated giftcards and cheating the provider. Occam's razor... the provider would have asked for the card numbers before sending the details for meeting.

What’s it say here: (highlights mine)

he asked that I bring part of the payment via an EBay gift card

I paid one provider for a while in gift cards. He had problems managing his money (drugs/gambling/whatever?). As our friendship developed we realized the gift cards helped him buy groceries, gas for the car, etc. with him not having access to cash to burn.

That would open them up to a client bringing unactivated giftcards and cheating the provider

My gift cards to *anyone* always have the validating receipt taped to them or discreetly inside. Not hard to verify their value.

the provider would have asked for the card numbers before

I Did mention that I know how to scam works. I’ve mentored many providers and young men from seeking arrangements to avoid the gift card scam.

So I contacted a masseur in the NYC area and after agreeing on the cost, he asked that I bring part of the payment via an EBay gift card. Has anyone ever heard of this? I was weirded out by the request so canceled the apt.

Whatever the reason, just read this thread title aloud and it sounds suspicious, low budget, and not very sexy. No, no, and no.

Guest CA562DUDE

total scam alert on that.......... might as well get a telemarketer phone call RUN FOREST RUN

Edited by CA562DUDE