Is Anyone Else Experiencing Problems With Gmail?

quoththeraven
This topic is 1614 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Even problems for a small slice of gmail users is tens of millions of people, and a few thousand of them are sure to jump on social media and raise a stink. In the absence of an uproar, the evidence (device reboot) points to a problem on the device.

People have complained about Gmail for years, Google's reply is to use their Gmail apps where possible. This has been a bit more of an issue on Apple devices, although it seems like things have settled down lately.

Have you installed any new apps on the phone or pad? Esp "security" or call screeners. About a year ago I did on phone and then noticed delay in email notifications. Uninstalled the new apps and everything went back to normal.

I reinstalled one called Hiya for screening all calls (it determines scam calls, etc from real calls and I will accept the delay in email notification. ) As soon as i go to gmail on the phone they all pop up so i just have a routine to check and not rely on notification .