Massage Oil

Mydavid
This topic is 1655 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What if you brought your own? Is there a protocol for that?

I prefer oil. In fact, I prefer a certain brand of oil.

I recently brought it with me to an appointment with

a new therapist. He seemed insulted and basically

refused to use it. “I use cream, it’s better”.

Never hired him again.

To answer the OP‘s question, I like to shower after a massage.

Yes...the massage oil is great for your skin, if it is a quality oil. I feel it is risky sometimes to trust the masseur is using a quality oil or cream. I have had some masseurs use baby oil when I first started getting massage. UGH! Now I ask before what brand oil/cream they use. If it is something I am not comfortable with, I ask if I can bring my own massage oil. (I buy a great brand....Biotone (Google it)...online for this purpose) Most masseurs know the high quality of Biotone and I have never had a masseur reject me bringing my own oil if I request that. If they ever refused, and would not let me know what product they will use so I can research it, I won't book with them. You never know what cheap product they will slather on your skin :(

I prefer oil. In fact, I prefer a certain brand of oil.

I recently brought it with me to an appointment with

a new therapist. He seemed insulted and basically

refused to use it. “I use cream, it’s better”.

Never hired him again.

To answer the OP‘s question, I like to shower after a massage.

I usually like to shower fairly soon after, too, but it doesn’t have to be immediately. My skin is more sensitive to certain types of oils, so I try to remember to ask beforehand what he uses (or note discreetly during the appointment.)

If I’m massaged in coconut oil, almond oil, or some other good quality organic oil... I get home, and then go from neck to toe with a body scrub and then shower it all off.. combining those salts with the oils that’s already been massaged into your skin feels fantastic, and does wonders for keeping the skin smooth!!!

If I’m massaged with the biotine, I just shower it off.

If a masseur/CMT/LMT, etc. comes near me with baby oil... session is cancelled, and I’m not getting on that table.