Complaint Departments

Guest skrubber
This topic is 6040 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest skrubber

I seem to remember someone sometime ago posting various companies with complaint contacts going as far up as CEO's. My beef is with NorthWest Airlines and I am getting absolutely nowhere using the normal complaint channel on their website. Can someone help with a reliable contact through which I can actually get results? Or if someone knows of the post of which I refer to, how can I find it? I would try the search function but have no idea what to search for.

It's an airline so lower your expectations. That being said, I suggest you try http://www.flyertalk.com and check out the NW forum. This site is the best resource for frequent flyers regarding the airlines. You should be able to do a search and find the contact info. Or more likely you will find that there are others with a similar issue who can tell you exactly how to get it resolved. Often times the posters there know more about the rules than the airline employees. Good luck. :-)

>Often times the posters there know more about the rules than the

>airline employees.

That's no surprise.

Several years ago, I had to travel with my two cats. I did my homework and read all of the policies on the airline's website and had all my paperwork ready.

Don't expect ANY of the airline's employees to have read those same policies. Be prepared to bully them into complying with their own employer's requirements. From ticketing to baggage handling, be prepared to force them to comply.

That applies across the board, and flyertalk.com is a GREAT way to find out about this kind of thing.

So, Greg, when you went from SEA-IND-MEM-SEA recently how many other places did you go to en route? On NW you could make that trip going to one other place besides your various ultimate destinations. Who did you use and how many cities did you visit?

I agree that Scrubber will have much better luck with appropriate snail mail.

Best regards,

KMEM

Anton's suggestion is right on. Emails and telephone calls are NOT likely to get much of a response from, just about, any large corporation. You will probably be able to google Northwestern Airlines CEO and get his name and address. WRITE him a personal letter, write personal the outside of the envelope, and you may be surprised by the response you receive. Well written, thoughtful letters are definitely the way to go.

P.S. Here is the information google produced:

Douglas M. Steenland, President and Chief Executive Officer

NorthWest Airlines

2700 Lone Oak Parkway

Eagan MN 55121-1534

>So, Greg, when you went from SEA-IND-MEM-SEA recently how

>many other places did you go to en route? On NW you could

>make that trip going to one other place besides your various

>ultimate destinations. Who did you use and how many cities

>did you visit?

>

>I agree that Scrubber will have much better luck with

>appropriate snail mail.

>

>Best regards,

>KMEM

My last trip to MEM and IND went like this, mind you this was a red eye out of SEA: SEA-DFW-IND-ORD-MEM-ORD-SEA. The flight could have been simpler I guess if I had flown NWA but I chosen AA because over all AA treats it's employees better then NWA, I was able to get stand by on earlier flights without a fee on AA, new air craft and my experience customer service wise on AA has always been good. I agree with KMEM that a hand written letter is best. It shows that the person is truly upset if they take the time to write it out and mail it. I frequent Flyer Talk and from what I've read on the boards over there that people get better results if they send off their letters via snail mail.

Hugs,

Greg

seaboy4hire@yahoo.com

http://seaboy4hire.tripod.com http://www.daddysreviews.com/newest.php?who=greg_seattle

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6707/lebec084a9ad147f620acd5ps8.jpg

Chicago Oct 23-25 for the Cubs vs. ? World Series!

Guest RandyRon

I haven't flown Northwest in several years. When I have flown them in the past, I have been surprised by the age of their planes. On the last NW plane I flew, I could have sworn there was a Betty Grable pinup painted on the nose.

:+ :+ :+

all of the American airlines seem to be bad; i fly overseas and the asian airlines understand and provide customer service: clean planes, friendly staff, good food, etc. by contrast, the American airlines are like Walmart and take a mass market approach and see how many people they can cram into a plane and give as little service as possible.

The service and attitude of all American airlines has deteriorated greatly since deregulation. One thing that must be kept in mind, however, is that American airlines do NOT receive direct government subsidies. There was a time, in the not too distant past, when European airlines were outstanding BUT no more. European governments no longer underwrite their airlines thus for example Swiss Air, British Air and Alitalia are all just as awful as their American counterparts. Now Asian airline, on the other hand, are still subsidized by their governments. If they loose money the governments simple make up the difference out of national pride. Thus though Singapore Airlines, JAL, and Cathy Pacific all loose money they are still able to supply superior service.

Guest verymarried

I agree with Epigonos about a letter to the CEO. I have received a new washing machine from Maytag, faster delivery of publications, and better service from a car dealership through clear, friendly letters to CEO's. Each time I had a good case and explained the problem to them. To take it one step further, I learned that one CEO owned a restaurant also and I addressed my letter to him c/o the restaurant to prevent the mail being filtered through intermediaries. I saw almost instant results soon after.

Guest pj4florida

>Hi skrubber,

>

>I recently had a problem with United when flying out of Tampa

>earlier this year.

>

>I decided not to send a complaint through email or through

>their website, but to send an old-fashioned letter, because I

>felt it just has more "cachet".

>

>One of the things I wrote (near the end of my letter) was

>[tt]"Please note that an answer in the sense of

>'We're extremely sorry, and we do apologise for the

>inconvenience' is not satisfactory, since it doesn't change

>the situation." [/tt]

>

>Guess what, I got a letter back with their apologies, but also

>with a voucher of $ 100. ;)

>

>Maybe give a letter a try?

>

>Happy complaining everybody.

>

>Sincerely, Anton/Amsterdam.

>

>ps: Check your email.

>

>mobile : +31 6 2523 1001

>website : http://www.antonamsterdam.com/

>reviews : http://www.antonamsterdam.com/reviews.html

>

>

Anton, You were in Tampa and we didn't see each other that is sad. Next time you are in Tampa Bay , or LA we need to extend that stay and hang

pj4florida

So far this year I have flown 25,000 miles+ on Northwwest Airlines and have had no airline related problems--weather related problems yes, but not airline related ones.

Several years ago I had to go to Chicago for some medical treatment. On the way home I accidently left some medication in the Northwest passenger gate area. Once home I called he airline and explained the situation. They looked through the appropriate gate area in Chicago and their lost-and-found items and found my package. They said they would put it on the next flight to my hometown and they did. My medication arrived on the next flight.

Guest skrubber

RE: Complaint Departments - Aviation Consumer Protection Division

I would like to thank you all for your suggestions. I will be doing as Anton suggested and also filing a complaint on the website ArVaGuy provided.

Archived