Too small a world

rustyrex
This topic is 1658 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Or at least gay community. A couple weeks ago I was told by one my regular providers to go get checked for syphilis, I did that very day and results came back negative. My provider is fairly active and when I told him that I hoped my status would narrow down the list, he told me most likely it wouldn't. He told me that he was on treatment and that he was just making sure everyone he's been with is aware. I thanked him for his honesty. About a week later I told my coworker about the scare and crazily enough a few minutes later he got a text telling him to go get checked as well. I asked him if it was my same provider and he told me that it was a regular playmate that lives in another town about an hour away. Same STD. A few days later I was talking to another buddy who told me that he got a text as well. I thought "damn what is this, Outbreak?" I decided to take a little break from my hobby but I wondered if anyone in group has had the same experience?

Is it that small, or have people's partner counts gone up now that fear of HIV is greatly reduced, and condomless sex is the norm rather than the exception? I have at least one friend, a young guy, who goes to bookstores to suck multiple cocks EVERY DAY at lunch, and know several others who rack up similar numbers of partners. Most gay people I know either have very few partners or very very many, which given latency periods and some people being asymptomatic, is going to lead to a blowup in non-HIV STD rates.

^The above isn't meant as moral judgment, just that as behavior has changed, results are changing.

Is it that small, or have people's partner counts gone up now that fear of HIV is greatly reduced, and condomless sex is the norm rather than the exception? I have at least one friend, a young guy, who goes to bookstores to suck multiple cocks EVERY DAY at lunch, and know several others who rack up similar numbers of partners. Most gay people I know either have very few partners or very very many, which given latency periods and some people being asymptomatic, is going to lead to a blowup in non-HIV STD rates.

^The above isn't meant as moral judgment, just that as behavior has changed, results are changing.

Behavior actually hasn't changed all that much. It's just reverted to what it always has been. I knew guys in the 70's who hit the boothstores and bathouses daily to suck as many cocks as they could.

But we have seen upswings in syphilis in recent years. It can actually be spread by oral sex. Who wears a condom for a blowjob? (Ironically, condoms were invented to help stem the spread of syphilis.)

It's a good idea to remember that there is no such thing as SAFE sex. You can have SAFER sex, but it's up to you to partake. Up to YOU, not your partner(s).

I still think that as more people feel freer to have sex, the number of DISTINCT partners has gone up. I think stigma kept a decent fraction of gay people away from sex altogether in prior generations. And also more people travel frequently. I'd guess that of, say, 1000 cocks your friend sucked, many of them were repeat customers, so maybe it was 150 different guys, while my friends who do this are sucking 600 different cocks. While to the average person there's no real distinction there in terms of level of activity, I think it makes for wider spread of STIs.

Or at least gay community. A couple weeks ago I was told by one my regular providers to go get checked for syphilis, I did that very day and results came back negative. My provider is fairly active and when I told him that I hoped my status would narrow down the list, he told me most likely it wouldn't. He told me that he was on treatment and that he was just making sure everyone he's been with is aware. I thanked him for his honesty. About a week later I told my coworker about the scare and crazily enough a few minutes later he got a text telling him to go get checked as well. I asked him if it was my same provider and he told me that it was a regular playmate that lives in another town about an hour away. Same STD. A few days later I was talking to another buddy who told me that he got a text as well. I thought "damn what is this, Outbreak?" I decided to take a little break from my hobby but I wondered if anyone in group has had the same experience?

Hey is it in NYC?

I still think that as more people feel freer to have sex, the number of DISTINCT partners has gone up. I think stigma kept a decent fraction of gay people away from sex altogether in prior generations. And also more people travel frequently. I'd guess that of, say, 1000 cocks your friend sucked, many of them were repeat customers, so maybe it was 150 different guys, while my friends who do this are sucking 600 different cocks. While to the average person there's no real distinction there in terms of level of activity, I think it makes for wider spread of STIs.

Its true there are guys who boasting 40-60 guys a week who have sex with clients !! That adds up at the end !! Lots of cock and ass