WEHT loremipsum

This topic is 1643 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone know what the issue was with @loremipsum ? He seems to be on time out, but I contacted him on RM, and he doesn't know why or how long. Don't members get some sort of message indicating why and how long?

Anyone know what the issue was with @loremipsum ? He seems to be on time out, but I contacted him on RM, and he doesn't know why or how long. Don't members get some sort of message indicating why and how long?

Yes, members occasionally do receive a message about the length. In March a member told me he could post again in August.

• 2 weeks later...

Like a phoenix from the ashes...

Huh. That seems random random.

I choose to view this post’s oblique reference as reflective of my spawning a legacy within quite a short span of time. Thanks. Further thanks to those who noticed my absence and reached out — I never would have expected that. I’m all verklempt. And I can’t deny the fact that you like me. Right now, you like me!

I don't remember seeing anything offensive from him. I guess we'll have to keep "random random" and "Great quotes from literature" going in his absence.

Neither really appears to have been the case during my... sabbatical, I should like to say. Après moi, le déluge.

And then he posted about the problematic post.

Uh-oh

This is what I initially found befuddling: I posted the thing in the thread, then perhaps two hours later observed aloud in the selfsame thread that it was gone, and then I was given the time-out posthaste. Not for nothing, but I was uncertain as to how a remark about the offending thing could be deemed more provocative than the thing itself. I thought that I drew the ire of TPTB by simply noting that the meme in question had been removed.

I’ve always been enamored of shameless, politically-incorrect humor. I recognize that not everyone is as enamored of it as I. Incidentally, I posted the same meme here as I did on Facebook without incident. Moreover, I thought that this was a forum in which such a brand of humor is regarded as unremarkable. After all, there resides here a joke about nuns being raped—that joke, by the way, enjoyed a warm reception—so I thought that what I posted wasn’t that far out of the way. Clearly I was mistaken. I did read the TOS with a fine-tooth comb and saw that the specific topic I posted about is verboten—I can see why—so I suppose that posting about it after the thing was deleted added insult to grievous injury. I am absolutely mortified.

Forgive me, Daddy, for I have committed a faux pas. It’s been one month since my last login. In Thy Name I supplicate myself. What’s my penance?

I choose to view this post’s oblique reference as reflective of my spawning a legacy within quite a short span of time. Thanks. Further thanks to those who noticed my absence and reached out — I never would have expected that. I’m all verklempt. And I can’t deny the fact that you like me. Right now, you like me!

Neither really appears to have been the case during my... sabbatical, I should like to say. Après moi, le déluge.

This is what I initially found befuddling: I posted the thing in the thread, then perhaps two hours later observed aloud in the selfsame thread that it was gone, and then I was given the time-out posthaste. Not for nothing, but I was uncertain as to how a remark about the offending thing could be deemed more provocative than the thing itself. I thought that I drew the ire of TPTB by simply noting that the meme in question had been removed.

I’ve always been enamored of shameless, politically-incorrect humor. I recognize that not everyone is as enamored of it as I. Incidentally, I posted the same meme here as I did on Facebook without incident. Moreover, I thought that this was a forum in which such a brand of humor is regarded as unremarkable. After all, there resides here a joke about nuns being raped—that joke, by the way, enjoyed a warm reception—so I thought that what I posted wasn’t that far out of the way. Clearly I was mistaken. I did read the TOS with a fine-tooth comb and saw that the specific topic I posted about is verboten—I can see why—so I suppose that posting about it after the thing was deleted added insult to grievous injury. I am absolutely mortified.

Forgive me, Daddy, for I have committed a faux pas. It’s been one month since my last login. In Thy Name I supplicate myself. What’s my penance?

I was on time out last year for 3 weeks because of posting a picture that was inappropriate. After doing my time, I apologized and promised it wouldn't happen again. I was taken aback when the powers told me the picture I thought put me in trouble was another one. Lesson learned!

https://m4m-forum.org/threads/under25.137497/page-37

Those comments might have been wiser in a PM to a member rather than a public statement.

1533419983274.jpg