Comcast no longer includes TCM with basic cable

pitman
This topic is 1633 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just found that out the other day. I think it stinks.

My cable (and internet) is provided through my condo association, so I have no choice but to pay ($70.00/month). However, I refuse to get/pay for any add-on packages when there are other choices such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc..

Several of the residents are complaining. All totaled, just in our association alone, Infinity is raking in a little over $18,000 a month/$220,000 a year. I'm thinking there may be some resistance to renewing our contract when it comes up for renewal.

• 4 weeks later...

My cable (and internet) is provided through my condo association, so I have no choice but to pay ($70.00/month). However, I refuse to get/pay for any add-on packages when there are other choices such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc..

Several of the residents are complaining. All totaled, just in our association alone, Infinity is raking in a little over $18,000 a month/$220,000 a year. I'm thinking there may be some resistance to renewing our contract when it comes up for renewal.

I had the same experience. Before the association switched over and got the internet provided through another company we got everything through RCN (home phone, basic cable, and internet). It was about $120-30 a month. After the switch, we had no choice but to get internet through the association. Our association fee went down. However the next bill I got from RCN was over $500 for the following month. When I went into RCN to see if it could possibly be true they said they had to consider I was no longer receiving internet through them. I could not figure out why it would be more when I was actually receiving less service and I got an answering regarding "bundling" and blah, blah, blah. Then they found they could give me a "deal" starting the next month that was about $220 (includes HBO) but I would have to take basic internet with the package - which I was already receiving through my association and could not get out of. The entire thing seems like such a scam.

Dump your video service and get better internet.... then add internet TV video services...Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video.... YouTube TV is just as good as cable TV. There are a ton of new advertising based TV services as well... Xumo, Pluto TV, IMDB TV that are free (with ads).

Cable companies suck, but keep in mind, Disney/ABC, NBC, CBS, and all the other 'channels' keep increasing their rates to cable companies. They are just passing those increases on to their consumers. Some cable companies will actually start losing money on their video businesses because of the increases.

You're paying hundreds of dollars and paying for channels you never watch.

Sports are tough. NFL, NBA, NCAA, etc. also keep charging more and more....passing those increases to NBC, CBS, Fox, etc.... who then pass it to the cable company.... who then pass it on to you.

You should check out a satellite service, i.e. DirecTV. Our dish supports 8 units at a cost of $325/month total. Then each owner can subscribe to premium services to their heart's delight.

Dump your video service and get better internet.... then add internet TV video services...Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video.... YouTube TV is just as good as cable TV. There are a ton of new advertising based TV services as well... Xumo, Pluto TV, IMDB TV that are free (with ads).

Cable companies suck, but keep in mind, Disney/ABC, NBC, CBS, and all the other 'channels' keep increasing their rates to cable companies. They are just passing those increases on to their consumers. Some cable companies will actually start losing money on their video businesses because of the increases.

You're paying hundreds of dollars and paying for channels you never watch.

Sports are tough. NFL, NBA, NCAA, etc. also keep charging more and more....passing those increases to NBC, CBS, Fox, etc.... who then pass it to the cable company.... who then pass it on to you.

I'm going through this right now and unfortunately it's not so true anymore. They're calling streaming "the new cable" because of cost. Those streamers get expensive when you add a couple. OTOH, here in the east we have the Persian marketplace called Verizon Fios. Every two years you pretend you're new and get a come-on package where the 1 gig internet alone costs more than bundled with Ultimate 500 chan TV with all premium and movie channels, DVR, telephone, and some Visa giftcards. $80+ for 1 gig alone, $70 for the total package. Crazy. I read today that Verizon has a new contract to make Netflix Premium their tv and streaming partner so the game may be over soon. But count on streaming getting expensive, especially for more than 1streamer.