In perspective

LaffingBear
This topic is 1671 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What bothers me most about this isn't the expense but that it prioritizes the human's interest in their pet looking cute or being amusing over what the pet might want. Dogs are usually agreeable enough about it, but with some (many?) cats it comes across as borderline abusive.

That said, I've bought a Santa hat, fake reindeer antlers and a bow tie for past cats (for Christmas, not Halloween), but without the expectation of ever getting them on the cat.

A friend on our local dog forum makes it a priority to let her dog be a dog. I love that, and try to emulate it. When we're at the dog park - it's my dog's time to do what she want, as long as she's not hounding (pun intended) other dogs. So many people I see calling their dog to them when the dog's not doing anything off - just sniffing at the fence, for example.