Marcel Marceau

purplekow
This topic is 6059 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Internationally known mime passed away over the weekend. Not one of the many written articles or televised pieces which i encountered. suggested that he passed away quietly in his sleep (which he did). Too cheap a joke?

I understand that while he is laid out he will not be in a coffin but he will give the illusion that he is.

In any case, in reading about the man, he seems to have lived an extraordinary life. Notable events from his early years include his being a young Jewish man on the run from Eastern Europe and the approaching Nazis, to his being in the French resistance helping to forge papers to save children and then to his work tranlating for General Patton at the end of the war. He then attends acting classes and studies with the most famous mimes of the time and single-handedly revitalizes this aspect of the entertainment field.

I have never seen a purplekow;

I never hope to see one;

I can tell you anyhow;

I'd rather see than be one

Help there is a purplekow in my mirror

Archived