Trick or Treat....already???

foxy
This topic is 5603 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It was a gorgeous warm day today in the burbs of northern NJ. Taking advantage of the summer like weather people were out putting up Halloween decorations. Yikes! Seems a little early to me. Why has Halloween turn into this big deal that goes on for weeks?

Guest zipperzone

>I don't mind Halloween so much. It's almost high holy days for

>gays. Guys that WANT to do drag but are afraid get a

>permission slip one day a year. ;-)

This reminds me of the only time I was ever in drag. One Halloween, many years ago, in Toronto, I dressed as a nun - wimple and all - and went out with a buddy who dressed as a hooker. I called myself Sister Clitoris. We hit all the straight bars on Yonge Street and nearly got slaughtered. Funny thing was that the Catholics thought it was a hoot, it was the protestants who wanted to kill us.

Don't complain about the abundance of Halloween decorations for sale and going up so early. All of the Macy Store in the greater L.A. area already have their Christmas departments stocked and on sale. I don't understand why the hell they don't simply have year round Haloween, Christmas and Easter departments so they can leave the stuff out all year long -- that certainly appears to be the way they are headed.

>Why has Halloween turn into this big deal that goes on

>for weeks?

'cause it makes more money that way.Gotta give those stay-at-home moms a holiday to be workin' on 365 days a year.

me? i spent yesterday at gunnison beach. hot

bob

Archived