Massage Hygiene

ATL001
This topic is 1675 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

At the risk of sounding like a huge germaphobe and as a newbie, I'm curious to know other's experiences with massage hygiene, particularly those delivered on a hotel bed when the masseur is away from his home city and without linens / supplies. Have considered booking a massage with masseurs visiting my town, but wondered what to expect. Should I expect to be massaged on the same set of sheets the last client has been massaged on naked?

I’m a newbie to this forum but a longtime massage client. My experiences with hotel massage hygiene have been varied. Some masseurs lay a clean flat sheet or towel on the bed. Some will fold over a flat sheet so that the “clean” side is facing up. And some don’t seem to change anything at all. Bringing your own flat sheet to lay across the bed isn’t a bad idea.

At the risk of sounding like a huge germaphobe and as a newbie, I'm curious to know other's experiences with massage hygiene, particularly those delivered on a hotel bed when the masseur is away from his home city and without linens / supplies.

I will venture to add that all the massages I have received on a hotel bed have been down right forgettable. Now I always ask if the masseur is traveling with a table. It is fairly easy to spot dirty linen (or a towel for that matter) on a table. It is still a bit of a gamble, so I keep the clorox wipes handy! ?

I will venture to add that all the massages I have received on a hotel bed have been down right forgettable. Now I always ask if the masseur is traveling with a table. It is fairly easy to spot dirty linen (or a towel for that matter) on a table. It is still a bit of a gamble, so I keep the clorox wipes handy! ?

My sentiment as well. I just don't like a bed massage. That is for 'something else.' My head straight down on the pillow is not comfortable. I've tried it a couple of times and left with more aches and pains. As for the hygiene, it's pot luck. You really wouldn't know.

“Bed massage” = pass.

“Traveling” = pass.

“Biotone cream” = pass

My place + my sheets + my table + my oil = win, win, win, win

Yes, well, we don't all live in the Big Apple, dear, where you have a veritable buffet and couldn't imagine why on earth anyone would (clutch the pearls) ever have a massage on a bed! If you are going to answer, please at least be helpful.

At the risk of sounding like a huge germaphobe and as a newbie, I'm curious to know other's experiences with massage hygiene, particularly those delivered on a hotel bed when the masseur is away from his home city and without linens / supplies. Have considered booking a massage with masseurs visiting my town, but wondered what to expect. Should I expect to be massaged on the same set of sheets the last client has been massaged on naked?

Why not expressly ask that the masseur have fresh, clean sheets ready for your encounter with him? He can easily call on the hotel receptionist to arrange for a changing whenever he wishes.

I am a germophobe too. I always ask them for clean sheets. Most of the time I go with my gym bag with towel that I use on table. I don't really negotiate the charge (mostly) but I do negotiate hygine. Masseur has to be clean, showered and odor free.

I was raised to be a germaphobe, too. However, sometimes you've got to think through how rational it all is. Consider this scenario:

Let's say I've invited a guy over for... well, what we're usually talking about on this forum... and then he urinates without washing his hands. My first instinct is "OMG! He just peed, touched his penis, and didn't wash his hands!" And then, it occurs to me that I'm probably about to put that penis in my mouth, and I realize that whether he has washed his hands is last thing I should concerned about.