Message Center Alerts?

Gar1eth
This topic is 1684 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When I post a thread or answer a thread, the setting to alert me (the bell icon in the Message Center) shows me a thread I've originated has been responded to, someone has replied to a post I've made on someone else's thread, someone has replied to me, someone has invoked my screen name in a thread, or something similar. However in the 'Friday Funnies' thread I often don't get notified of new posts. Anyone else experience this?

Gman

@Gar1eth, I assume you're talking about new postings that aren't replies to or quotes of your earlier posts. The only thing I can think of is that somehow you've unwatched the thread. At the top right of the page to see if the little box says 'Watch' or 'Unwatch'. If it says 'Watch' it means you won't receive notifications. Click on it, and it will prompt you to choose system alerts or both them and an e-mail.

@Gar1eth, I assume you're talking about new postings that aren't replies to or quotes of your earlier posts. The only thing I can think of is that somehow you've unwatched the thread. At the top right of the page to see if the little box says 'Watch' or 'Unwatch'. If it says 'Watch' it means you won't receive notifications. Click on it, and it will prompt you to choose system alerts or both them and an e-mail.

No, Mike. It says 'Unwatch' but I still don't usually receive alerts when there is a new post in that thread.

Gman