Ft lauderdale - resorts

Cmn109
This topic is 1662 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey guys!

Staying at the Worthington in ft lauderdale for a night this weekend solo.

Never have stayed at a clothing optional hotel. I am in my upper 30s and came out within the last few years. So interested in any of the more x-rated details from anyone who has stayed in the past. Could be shy but trying to come out of my shell.

Also suggestions/stories since I’m going solo my first time.

Thank all!

Plus one on the hot tub- a single guy can have a good time by having an open attitude and pushing yourself a bit outside your shell. I'll be there in a few days myself, but with my Phoenix guy, for our three-year anniversary - looking forward to meeting a new, varied assortment of like-minded men. Beware, the W can be habit-forming!!

Any info on Cabanas?

One thing I've noticed about these resorts.... they not only take a deposit like any resort hotel, their cancellation policies are restrictive. There's never 100% refund. Either a cancel fee with considerable notice, or forfeiture of at least one night. Even cancellations days or weeks before arrival.

Perhaps there's a similarity with what rentguys face regarding follow-through . I wonder if guys get cold feet about the prospect of staying at a gay resort and cancel with much greater frequency than the lodging industry as a whole.

Any word on the Spa at the Cabanas? I am considerin treating myself to a mani/pedi and maybe more. Thoughts?

I did use the spa on one of my stays at Cabanas, maybe about three years ago. I had a hot stone massage in the morning, and after lunch I had a mani/pedi. I was pleased with the services. The space is set up well and a separate gentleman handles the front desk. Next time I'm staying more than 24 hours I will use the spa again.

• 5 weeks later...

Just left Cabanas after 2 night stay. My reaction is mixed, mostly excellent.

Its spotless and well maintained. I happed to be there when the owner arrived and walked around noting the little details. Shades of Leona... I heard him tell someone to go clean the outdoor shower fixtures til they shine

Tim the manager is as friendly and efficient as reported. So was the new guy who checked me in.

The best thing was the friendliness of some other guests along with staff members. I felt very comfortable as a solo traveler

I finished my stay with a massage in the spa, which was outstanding.

The pools are nice. I never used the main pool... didnt like the location across the driveway/parking lot. The smaller saltwater pool and hottub were great. The grounds are lush. The little tiki bar area was friendly. Breakfast was more than adequate.

The clientele is older. And the manager noted that they're aware they aren't attracting younger patrons. The dated setup adds to my expectation that its part of the dying gay scene. I dont wish it on them, but I couldnt help feel its a dying industry segment. Young gay guys dont need the safety of an all gay resort.

My room was comfortable and clean. But basic. However, all other recent stays have been in high-end resorts. It made the differences more apparent.

My bed was a mediocre mattress on a wood slat frame. Sad in comparison to the pillw-tops in other hotels and at home. The bathroom so tiny, my thigh knocked the TP off the wall-mount every time I moved. The shower was phone-booth sized... i could not bend to wash lower legs. A noisy wall mounted window air conditioner ran nonstop.

I suppose one doesnt choose such a place based on room features. And, if the ability to hang out nude is a desirable attraction... its there. As is being surrounded by aging gay men. I chatted with others who participate in these forums, albeit infrequently. And it was nice to openly discuss the local male dancer clubs and rentguys

Nonetheless... I enjoyed my stay. I might return, although I recognized that, visiting after a 15-year absence, I am not a fan of Florida. But if I needed to visit FL, I might spend a few days at Cabanas. I'd recommend it to the 55+ set on this board.

I'm probably not the target clientele for such places

1. Living in the SF Bay puts me in an environment where gay is passé; I don't need a safe gay place
  2. I find nudity entirely unintriguing.
  3. Unlike many my age and a little older, I have never fantasized about gay resorts with blowjobs on the pool deck, or random knocks on the door. Its just not how I'm wired.

I stayed there to try something different, because the people I was visiting live 1/2 mile away, and because I hoped for some level of comfortable, platonic companionship when alone. I achieved the latter. It was great to chat with guys at breakfast, at the bar in the afternoons, and go out for a drink with one at night.

I've stayed at the Worthington 3x (going again in 2 weeks for a long weekend) and the clientele is mixed...30's to 70's but skewing to older. Older motel style accommodations... very clean, nicely maintained. Short walk to Sebastien Street beach Friendly guests. Adequate breakfast and sandwiches available for lunch. Comfortable beds. Guests get frisky occasionally in the 3 pools and 2 hot tubs. I'm going to try the Island House in February.