PSA: You can hit on women at gay bars, but that doesn’t mean you should

FreshFluff
This topic is 1750 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I love piano bars. I hadn’t been to one in a long time but passed by one and went in. There are usually a few there enjoying the music, and the guys are very friendly. So I wasn’t surprised when a (significantly older) man struck up a conversation. This guy was appeared to be regular and said he was bi. He seemed a tad uncomfortable with his sexuality. (He called himself “closeted” but quickly corrected himself.) I found him interesting but not for me, so I didn’t let him buy me drinks.

Unfortunately, he hadn’t gotten the memo about consent and wouldn’t stop trying to kiss me. That happens, but it’s awkward in a setting like that. He insisted on walking me out, and I really couldn’t stop him. Interestingly, once we were outside where the bouncers could see us, his behavior suddenly improved. I quickly found a cab.

Edited by FreshFluff

I love piano bars. I hadn’t been to one in a long time but passed by one and went in. There are usually a few there enjoying the music, and the guys are very friendly. So I wasn’t surprised when a (significantly older) man struck up a conversation. This guy was appeared to be regular and said he was bi. He seemed a tad uncomfortable with his sexuality. (He called himself “closeted” but quickly corrected himself.) I found him interesting but not for me, so I didn’t let him buy me drinks.

Unfortunately, he hadn’t gotten the memo about consent and wouldn’t stop trying to kiss me. That happens, but it’s awkward in a setting like that. He insisted on walking me out, and I really couldn’t stop him. Interestingly, once we were outside where the bouncers could see us, his behavior suddenly improved. Luckily, a cab came by right away

Maybe he's a cat person

Unfortunately, he hadn’t gotten the memo about consent and wouldn’t stop trying to kiss me. That happens, but it’s awkward in a setting like that. He insisted on walking me out, and I really couldn’t stop him. Interestingly, once we were outside where the bouncers could see us, his behavior suddenly improved. I quickly found a cab.

Let me guess … was that at the Town House bar in NYC?