Tipping overseas.

Deadlift1
This topic is 1694 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know there is a new thread about tipping every month!! But I could not find one on Europe. I'm going to Portugal and Spain for two weeks and intend to fit in a couple of session s. In the US I only tip if i book a massage at a hotel or spa. I don't necessarily tip when it is an incall at their place. I have had European friends tell me that Americans overtip. What do other clients do when hiring in Europe?

I choose to tip for good service. Whether it be incall or outcall. There are countries where tipping used to be frowned upon, but I have found that tipping has become way more acceptable in most service industries even overseas - I have never had a companion tell me that I over tipped (even in Europe and Asia). I do try to keep my tipping discreet and in line with what the local custom would expect - I moderate my tipping in Europe and Asia.

• 4 weeks later...

I hired a guy in London a couple of months ago. Left him his fee +a tip. I had walked a couple of blocks from his place and got a text from him saying that I had made a mistake and left him too much money! He was quite touched and grateful when I told him it was intentional. Definitely on my repeat list for next time.