Three sheets to the wind and 1600 thread count

purplekow
This topic is 1726 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Higher thread-count = tighter weave on the sheet = less ability to dissipate heat underneath

Also: Sheet makers fully realize that most consumers think more is better.

So it's just manufacturer trickery ? Oh how I love a man that's Hot AND smart.... Perhaps I should return the 950 thread count sheets I bought just today on sale from Macy's ? and go get some cheap ass shit sheets from K-mart ? o_O

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can fall asleep on anything. I just don't like it when it's too soft. Thread counts does matter though. I don't use anything less 800 thread count. I sometimes stay at my friend's house when I watch his dogs and all their bedding including the bed itself are similar to what they use at the Aria in Vegas. The sheets are nice but the bed is too soft. I can't sleep when I feel like I'm sinking. Too soft.

And with that, let's turn to our good friends at CR to break down the truth of sheet thread-count:

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2013/09/higher-thread-count-doesn-t-guarantee-better-sheets/index.htm

Bottom line, higher isn't always better. Do your research. I'm a 350 thread-count percale blend man, myself.

Thanks for posting this...you beat me to it.

I purchase a great deal of textiles in my job function and vendors have advised me of this operational fact related to textile production and industrial loom function.

Since I was in my early 20’s I have slept nude and thus I am incredibly fussy about the sheets I use. I use only 300 count Egyptian or prima pure cotton percale sheets. I insist on percale sheets because I find them crisp and cool. I absolutely hate sateen or flannel sheets as I find them hot and suffocating. I do, however, use a flannel sheet on the top of my top percale sheet as a buffer between the 100% wool blankets I use in the winter. On top of any blankets I also place a second cheap top sheet of any type. This sheet works well as something on which to lay and watch television, or play on with an invited guest. I don’t much care for white sheets so mine a multitude of strong colors.

P.S. I tend to purchase my sheets on line at The Company Store: https://www.thecompanystore.com

Edited by Epigonos