Immersion Heaters

LaffingBear
This topic is 1712 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought it a week ago although a slightly smaller version https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MG7YLQG/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01MG7YLQG&pd_rd_w=PzNTX&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=zw5om&pf_rd_r=R87A3BC4N0D0QBRXK3F7&pd_rd_r=18f71721-a755-4eb2-aab8-95a62dca8b5f&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyS1dPTEJQMTgySENJJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTcwOTgwSkhYQkwxME1NNDdHJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzNjk1NTgzTlRENjhYSzBPWkJXJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Bigger than I want for airline carry-on luggage. And heavier. If they made it so the handle folds in, it would be better.

Haven't used yet. I may return. I may keep because my job has me on the road for 1-2 night trips... where the hotels max out at 3-star, and coffee in the room and the lobby is horrid. I dont mind packing an extra little duffel, etc when road-tripping. But for 2-3 night plane trips, I try to stay in a carry-on suitcase and a laptop backpack.

Edited by LaffingBear

When I've stayed at hotels that skimp on the inroom coffee maker and are too inexpensive to have room service, I've resorted to letting the hot water run for some time and then using my Starbucks Italian Roast instant coffee packets. It's not nearly as hot as I'd like, but it gets the morning moving.

Mike B, I love your collapsible travel kettle, but I'm a minimalist carry-on-only packer and that is just too bulky still for me. Maybe version 2.0!

When I've stayed at hotels that skimp on the inroom coffee maker and are too inexpensive to have room service, I've resorted to letting the hot water run for some time and then using my Starbucks Italian Roast instant coffee packets. It's not nearly as hot as I'd like, but it gets the morning moving.

Mike B, I love your collapsible travel kettle, but I'm a minimalist carry-on-only packer and that is just too bulky still for me. Maybe version 2.0!

It’s pretty small! Especially if you’re content with Via instant and don’t need the pour over and rest of the gear.

Thanks fellow coffee picky road warriors!

@LaffingBear i decided on this one:

Folding travel kettle

Which seems to have the right features and was $27. This morning’s delicious first run at a Hilton:

84-FFB972-DC86-410-B-8886-DA11-CC5-F3-C8-A.jpg

YAY!!!!!!

I might have to get that collapsible kettle.

PS: I was thinking about you last weekend @MikeBiDude as I made my Nespresso at the hotel while visiting LA.

YAY!!!!!!

I might have to get that collapsible kettle.

PS: I was thinking about you last weekend @MikeBiDude as I made my Nespresso at the hotel while visiting LA.

It’s working great, has a nice “keep warm” feature so second cup of the day is quickly brewed! I brought some fresh ground from home and a bag of ground coffee from Sprouts, all very good.

P.S. thought of you while at the “Brig” the other night...dinner date with a UCSD student from “seeking” ?

• 5 weeks later...

I can report, from the Las Vegas strip, that

Wolecok Silicone Collapsible Coffee Filter, Camping Coffee Dripper Cone, Pour over Coffee Brewer Coffee https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E5G1L66/ref=cm_sw_r_em_taa_Y.5FDb146918F ,

and

Norpro 559 Electric Immersion Heater Warmer 300W For Water Tea Coffee Soup https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0TB9PI/ref=cm_sw_r_em_taa_db6FDbA208YD6

Have done the trick.

Now... as for tricks.....

I can report, from the Las Vegas strip, that

Wolecok Silicone Collapsible Coffee Filter, Camping Coffee Dripper Cone, Pour over Coffee Brewer Coffee https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E5G1L66/ref=cm_sw_r_em_taa_Y.5FDb146918F ,

and

Norpro 559 Electric Immersion Heater Warmer 300W For Water Tea Coffee Soup https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0TB9PI/ref=cm_sw_r_em_taa_db6FDbA208YD6

Have done the trick.

Now... as for tricks.....

Ironically I was just thinking about this thread this morning....I’m at Pechanga in Temecula for biz meetings and brought along my traveling coffee rig and some ground Rwanda coffee I roasted at home last weekend. Hotel had nice big mugs for the in room Keurig that were perfect sized for my pour over!

Jesus Christ children....just call room service.

Problem solved!

I rarely stay in hotels anymore, especially in Europe. I’ve become an Airbnb addict. Almost all of them have washing machines and at least a French Press. I always buy a small container of heavy cream in the local store and have two cups before heading out for a workout or run.