Erotic masseurs NYC shortening your time

Rvarghcrna
This topic is 1775 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea . We pay them full rate then feel like you got cheated !!its like your husband or wife cheating on you coz you had enough lol ? . Then guys who goes to them occasionally gets the best experience every time. They are in a rush to get you out . Busy responding their text while you on the table face down .

I think just about everyone who gets regular massages experiences this. And I short thier tip accordingly.

I don’t usually short on the tip, but I will call them out on it in a polite way, something like “you seem a little distracted today” or “you arent quite yourself today” and then add “what’s going on?”. Give ‘em the chance to explain and very importantly, the opportunity to commit to the established experience; want to hear that he will make it up to me the next time. We are only human after all. ?

Edited by FrankR

If you going to the private place paying them $160/hr you guys think we should still tip them ? I understand the spas because they have over heads to cover and they charge $60-$80 they should be tipped

You are probably right about that...but I tend to tip $20 above the quoted rate.

If you going to the private place paying them $160/hr you guys think we should still tip them ? I understand the spas because they have over heads to cover and they charge $60-$80 they should be tipped

Should you tip? No, there is no obligation or requirement to tip. I choose to tip for good service - has always worked out for me. You do you.

screen-shot-2014-01-30-at-5-48-10-am.png

I am wondering if anyone experienced the masseurs who did excellent massage and more after few regular sessions they Cut short your massage or give you a limited edition massage??

Yes, and this is the difference between smart guys that get it (that a repeat client is the best client) and dumb asses who start to take you for granted.

Economists have this notion of “reservation price or utility.” Basically, you’ll go back to a masseur for as long as you feel that you are getting more out of the experience than you would by spending your money and time elsewhere (reservation utility).

A smart masseur knows that he has to leave enough utility for you “on the table” :) so that you’ll be enticed to come back. This is not too difficult as long as he likes or at least doesn’t hate his job. A dumb (read: a model? :)), or lazy, or job-hating, ass will try to find your limit, not realizing that once he finds it, it’s too late!

Hair stylists and other service providers are also known to do this, and I am not sure whether and how it can be remedied. If I encounter a dumb ass I just move on. If someone is that type I believe I am unlikely to be able to change it. If you confront them, they will most likely be defensive. The best shot is if they contact you inquiring why you haven’t asked for an appointment in a long time, but this is rare. Then you might have an opening, but even then it is best to tell them that you are not going back and this is something they should keep in mind moving forward and with other clients. If you go back you risk a whole bunch of complicated codependency dynamics & shit ;-)

I guess I am War-and-Peacing it here :) to get across another seemingly unrelated but important point: Don’t try to push anyone including your BF, coworkers, boss, or masseur (yes, like pretty much anything this cuts both ways), to their reservation utility unless you are ready to lose them. Once you find the limit, it’s too late!

Edited by Capitano

... If I encounter a dumb ass I just move on. If someone is that type I believe I am unlikely to be able to change it. If you confront them, they will most likely be defensive...

With somebody I have seen regularly I will attempt to provide feedback - but avoid a confrontation. Who needs the drama!

If it is a newbie or a ‘try-out’ I just move on - unlikely they will take my feedback seriously. ?

... If I encounter a dumb ass I just move on. If someone is that type I believe I am unlikely to be able to change it. If you confront them, they will most likely be defensive...

With somebody I have seen regularly I will attempt to provide feedback - but avoid a confrontation. Who needs the drama!

If it is a newbie or a ‘try-out’ I just move on - unlikely they will take my feedback seriously. ?

If I am shorted on my time by a masseur I go to for the first time I will for sure mention it. I went last week to a masseur for the first time in NYC for a 90 minute session. I booked for 2pm-3:30pm. He moved quickly, and we got to the HE after about an hour. Massage and HE was done by 3:10pm, and he mentioned I could get dressed and he would be waiting in the living room. (I was paying $210 for the 90 minutes) I told him according to the clock we still had 20 minutes left. He agreed and worked on my back some more and gave me a great foot massage to finish. Done at 3:26pm. So I got my $210 worth. It is important we call these guys out if they short us. If we say nothing they will do it to the next client. Feedback like I gave him is important, since he will think twice about shorting the next client. And that next client can be any of you reading this in the forum. So call them out....it helps protect all of us when are shelling out big bucks for a massage. We deserve the full time for this kind of money.

If I am shorted on my time by a masseur I go to for the first time I will for sure mention it. >>> It is important we call these guys out if they short us. If we say nothing they will do it to the next client. Feedback like I gave him is important, since he will think twice about shorting the next client. And that next client can be any of you reading this in the forum. So call them out....it helps protect all of us when are shelling out big bucks for a massage. We deserve the full time for this kind of money.

That is a fair point. I can see why you approach it that way. In your experience - how many actually take your feedback to heart vs become defensive as @Capitano pointed out?

That is a fair point. I can see why you approach it that way. In your experience - how many actually take your feedback to heart vs become defensive as @Capitano pointed out?

I have never had anyone become defensive. It is a black and white situation. I booked a massage session for a specified amount of time, and they did not provide the full amount of time that I was paying for. Period. If they finish before the time is up, and let me know it is time to get dressed, and we still have 20 minutes left for the session, there is nothing to really argue about. They know they are in the wrong. So if I mention we still have 20 minutes left in the session, they ask if my back needs more work, would I like a foot massage, etc. And they provide the time they were going to short me on. As the saying goes "The first time it is their fault. The second time it is yours." So don't blame them for shorting you if you say nothing. Speak up. It has worked for me, and the masseur has never become defensive, since they knew I was right.

I have never had anyone become defensive. It is a black and white situation. I booked a massage session for a specified amount of time, and they did not provide the full amount of time that I was paying for. Period. If they finish before the time is up, and let me know it is time to get dressed, and we still have 20 minutes left for the session, there is nothing to really argue about. They know they are in the wrong. So if I mention we still have 20 minutes left in the session, they ask if my back needs more work, would I like a foot massage, etc. And they provide the time they were going to short me on. As the saying goes "The first time it is their fault. The second time it is yours." So don't blame them for shorting you if you say nothing. Speak up. It has worked for me, and the masseur has never become defensive, since they knew I was right.

Really? Wow. Wish I could say the same...

I’ve started saying (for a 90 min session) “I’m gonna set my phone timer for 85 minutes if that’s ok, just so I have a few minutes before we finish to start to wake up a bit.” Even with Zeel and soothe MT’s, who will often short you by 10 mins.

@Westcoaster , that has to be the most brilliant idea I have read in the Forum in a long time. I am going to use that for my next massage session...thanks for sharing that ....brilliant!

I certainly support all methods to get our money's worth, but going aggressively after all of my booked time just isn't my thing. Honestly, I don't see much upside in getting those last 10-15 minutes left on the clock, due to "karma." Massage should be an intimate, "good energy," experience among other things, and if I have to remind the masseur to deliver, fuck it! I don't need the negative energy associated with him having to go back to the drawing board after the point at which he thought he was done with me.

So, if it's our first encounter, I'll make sure I spread the word that the masseur sucks, here and in my personal contacts, but that's about it. If the theft of time was egregious, like giving a 60-minute massage when we agreed to do 90 minutes, I'll pay the 60-minute rate. If it the theft of time was 20 minutes or less, I'll just go with the flow but end on a very dry note (no hugs) and say something at the end. Guys who don't provide value cannot stay in this business for long, and it is a miserable existence as they try to hang on, forced to travel all the time in search of uninformed clients. Fuck that lifestyle, I don't need to throw more shit on that pile.

If it is, as suggested in the initial post, a gradual drift toward worse and worse massage and less and less time by a masseur I liked initially, I just cut it and stop making additional appointments at some point and I apply what I said above. So far, I have 4 of those in my files :), but then there are those who get better and provide MORE over time, these are the true gems to focus on. And KEEP.