Montreal July 4th Weekend

jerryskater
This topic is 1752 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Was in Montreal for the 4th of July weekend. I found Taboo to be the best it has been in years. A good selection of dancers Thursday, Friday, Saturday and surprisingly Sunday. Friday and Saturday the place was full and I guess about 15 dancers each night. All very twinky, sexy and very friendly.

Campus was absolutely dead Thursday and Friday around 7PM. Didn't even bother on Saturday. Did not go to Stock.

It's true that the Village is not what it once was but one can still have a good time. And if you are into twinks Taboo is really good right now.

Was in Montreal for the 4th of July weekend. I found Taboo to be the best it has been in years. A good selection of dancers Thursday, Friday, Saturday and surprisingly Sunday. Friday and Saturday the place was full and I guess about 15 dancers each night. All very twinky, sexy and very friendly.

Campus was absolutely dead Thursday and Friday around 7PM. Didn't even bother on Saturday. Did not go to Stock.

It's true that the Village is not what it once was but one can still have a good time. And if you are into twinks Taboo is really good right now.

Yes, And yes. Lovely place and great attitude I think your review introduced me to Taboo, I only knew Stock and Campus. So a big thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
The taller guy on the left

150338_grand1.jpg

Lol. These guys do absolutely nothing for me. It's interesting the different tastes in men we have.

I'm into Taboo-style skinny boyish twinks like Gabe Isaac and Devin Lewis, and those on baretwinks.

Twinks are increasingly hard-to-find now that Taboo appears to be focusing on post college-aged guys.

Taboo used to bring in clientele from around the world with it's well-deserved reputation for young, smooth, cute, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, boyish barely-legal twinks. Unfortunately this has no longer been the case the last decade or so.

Edited by twinkboylover28

Maybe I feel cranky today, but it is not expensive to sign up for Stock Bar streaming, as I have. Then you can determine the roster, get a sense of the types, Eric(k) and others' presence versus absence, and whether to plan to travel in.

My situation is different, I admit, as the registration cost is more than offset by the small cover it would cost me to walk over for a look-see but then don't. Currently I can easily assess from 20:30-22:30 while reading, eating, watching TV, etc.

But from a distance it may also be worth it if you already have voyeuristics tendencies. Without promotion, about 4x Netflix rate. And you can now tip from a distance if your sexual peccadillo is kneeling submissively before the ATM and handing over your debit card.

Edited by SirBIllybob

I just wrapped up a three-night stay in Montreal over the weekend. Beautiful weather the entire time. The Village was alive and well. I went to Stock Bar all three nights (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and as one would expect in the summer, Stock was very busy. I spent most of my time enjoying the company of Tyler, Franco, Zack, Tommy & Tyson. Tyson was probably the biggest guy of the group I hung out with. However, there is another guy Calvin who is actually bigger. Calvin has been on the dancer scene in Montreal for probably 7-8 years. Still looks great(He's not even 30 yet) and seems to be a really friendly guy. There is some newer international talent at Stock as well. A couple of Italians: Cristiano and another whose name I missed. Both overly tattooed. Two newer Latinos also: Karamelo from Brazil and Miguail (That's how the Stock website spells it) from Mexico. They do a duo dance show that is very good and they are both quite well-hung.

Overall, a great time was had by all!! Oh....and I got my smoked meat fix at Reuben's Restaurant close to the Sheraton. So good.

....and I got my smoked meat fix at Reuben's Restaurant close to the Sheraton. So good.

I took my mom to Reuben's Deli on Ste. Catherine way back in September 27, 2006. It was almost 13 years ago. I remember how hot and humid it was inside there, as they did not have ( or turn on ) the air conditioning. It was so unbearably hot and uncomfortable I couldn't wait to get out of there. I get my smoke meat fix at La Banquise. I would visit Montreal just for their smoke meat poutine (the last item on their menu).

I just wrapped up a three-night stay in Montreal over the weekend. Beautiful weather the entire time. The Village was alive and well. I went to Stock Bar all three nights (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and as one would expect in the summer, Stock was very busy. I spent most of my time enjoying the company of Tyler, Franco, Zack, Tommy & Tyson. Tyson was probably the biggest guy of the group I hung out with. However, there is another guy Calvin who is actually bigger. Calvin has been on the dancer scene in Montreal for probably 7-8 years. Still looks great(He's not even 30 yet) and seems to be a really friendly guy. There is some newer international talent at Stock as well. A couple of Italians: Cristiano and another whose name I missed. Both overly tattooed. Two newer Latinos also: Karamelo from Brazil and Miguail (That's how the Stock website spells it) from Mexico. They do a duo dance show that is very good and they are both quite well-hung.

Overall, a great time was had by all!! Oh....and I got my smoked meat fix at Reuben's Restaurant close to the Sheraton. So good.

Thank-you for this post. It's great to hear positive comments about a trip to Montreal instead of all the complaining about the condition of the gay village.