Did Rosie Call Our Troops Terrorists?

EXPAT
This topic is 6230 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>I am not sure where the speech was given (it may have been the

>speech he gave the night Martin Luther King was assassinated.)

If that's the case, then it would have been after he bugged Martin Luther King Jr's bedroom.

It's amazing how the people who bash Bush are the very same people who hold up Bobby as a paragon of integrity - all the while knowing he tapped the phones of American CITIZENS like Martin Luther King Jr.

I haven't seen the movie but I'm betting they left out that inconvenient truth.

Historically yours,

FFF

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it was the impromptu speech Bobby gave when he announced the death of MLK to the crowd he was addressing that day. He was able to summon up some poetry as well as make an impassioned plea on the mindless violence that was gripping America. I have often had conflicted opinions on Bobby but on that day of MLK's death he shone like a star.

And I believe it was J Edgar Hoover who bugged MLK (and Bobby, JKF and Marilyn Monroe as well, for that matter). Hoover had so much dirt on the Kennedy's they had no means of getting rid of him. The J Edgar Hoover building in Washington is the biggest obscenity in the name of justice I can imagine.

Guest alanm

FFF is correct. Attorney General Robert Kennedy authorized the wiretap on Martin Luther King.

I have not seen "Bobby" either, but the film likely omits Kennedy's work for Senator Joe McCarthy in the 1950s as well.

Archived