Johnson's

Jeremy
This topic is 1710 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just back from weekend trip to Ft Lauderdale. Visited with Matt (owner) and learned that Johnson's Dallas is on hold for now. Later in the evening the DJ announced that they would be opening Johnson's Atlanta before Johnson's Dallas but no specific date or location information was provided.

• 1 month later...

What’s the parking situation at Johnson’s in Wilton Manors? Last time I was there it seemed like the only alternative was to park at metered parking on the street and there wasn’t an open spot to be found. Is there a parking lot somewhere? Valet available?

What’s the parking situation at Johnson’s in Wilton Manors? Last time I was there it seemed like the only alternative was to park at metered parking on the street and there wasn’t an open spot to be found. Is there a parking lot somewhere? Valet available?

They were building a parking lot, i assume its complete by now. I took an uber. seemed easier overall.

Last time I was there (going on 9 months ago), there was a (pay) city parking lot within easy walking distance. You can pay with an app or at an on-site kiosk IIRC.

An option could be to have dinner at Georgie's. Only about a block and a half to Johnsons.

Yes, but as I found out in April, don't just park in that shopping center lot & walk right to Johnson's. I had done that a couple of times previously when I couldn't find a metered parking spot near the club and it worked out fine. Then, one night in April, after spending only an hour at Johnson's I came back to the shopping center lot to find an empty spot where I'd left my car. That's a horrible feeling at 2:30 in the morning, in a city where you're a visitor. After looking around I found small signs stating that parking was for shopping center business patrons only & a number for the towing company. Had to take a cab & pay $130 to get my car back. The report stated "Walk off" as reason for towing, so I'm thinking they must have been there to see me park & not go into Georgie's which I think was the only business open at that hour in that lot. Ugh, not a fun way to end a Sat. night. :(

I parked at the Publix lot farther down the street in the other direction. I went in and bought a lottery ticket just to establish that I was a patron to avoid the situation you described. Nevertheless I was concerned the whole time I’d be towed. Thankfully I wasn’t. Publix might have a more liberal policy on parking in their lot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
An option could be to have dinner at Georgie's. Only about a block and a half to Johnsons.

Do not leave your car in the Alibi lot. the owner of that strip is an aggressive tow-caller and they would tow your car to soem remote location and charge you out the nose to get it back. They have towed cars from people who are IN the strip mall. Last i heard there is some kind of lawsuit.

One of your better bets for parking, aside from street, is the lot down the street to your right, behind Bona Italian restaurant. There is another lot down the street near the loft building. Both are metered.

• 2 weeks later...
Johnsons is a GREAT club with HOT men. But sadly, no nudity.

I think outside of the brief incarnation of Swinging Richards in Miami and Pompano Beach, there are no all-nude clubs in South Florida. Actually according to what i heard Wilton Manors refused to have ANY strip club within city limits, that is why Johnny's/LeBoy and Boardwalk are all technically outside city limits and inside Fort Lauderdale until Johnson's came along.

Edited by bud001