AMC's The Terror

This topic is 1742 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

10 episodes...and worth the while...

The Terror is an American horror drama anthology television series for AMC. The first season was developed by David Kajganich based on the 2007 Dan Simmons novel of the same name. The series premiered on March 25, 2018, and is a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin's lost expedition to the Arctic in 1845–1848. The first season cast includes Jared Harris, Tobias Menzies, and Ciarán Hinds.

10 episodes...and worth the while...

The Terror is an American horror drama anthology television series for AMC. The first season was developed by David Kajganich based on the 2007 Dan Simmons novel of the same name. The series premiered on March 25, 2018, and is a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin's lost expedition to the Arctic in 1845–1848. The first season cast includes Jared Harris, Tobias Menzies, and Ciarán Hinds.

I need to catch that on AMC.

While reading the original novel by Dan Simmons back in 2007, I still recall the depressing feelings it elicited. The novel has a few supernatural elements, though it is based on factual events. The main thing I remember was how relentless the cold is and how discouraging it is to wake up each day with the ship mired in the ice! I had to read something light and diverting after I finished the novel. It remains one of the bleakest books I've ever read.

Thus I hope to watch the first season to compare the novel with the series.

TruHart1 :cool:

• 2 months later...

am now working my way through the series.....great acting, script, and history......I have to set up the captions (British accents and all that!)

here's a clip of a whipping one of the crew receives.....he is punished "as a boy" (lashes on the butt, not the back).....there is some youtube "comment" debate about why the captain chooses this type punishment.....some claim it's because one of the reasons he is being punished is for "dirtiness", an early euphemism for homosexuality (he was earlier caught with another shipmate), and so the captain chooses the especially humiliating punishment.....other reasons are proposed in the youtube comments......watch to the end!

Edited by azdr0710

• 4 weeks later...