411 on new guy Oren in NYC

Jose Anmo
This topic is 1271 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after a little snooping, found his FB page, appears to be real but I didn't partake because he got a little pissy with me when asked about Covid 19 precautions.

Just curious - what would you like him to say?

We should take precautions, but that probably excludes getting a massage. And you already know that.

So what answer is correct? That he took a COVID test, which was useful until the moment he came with 10 feet of another person? That he mindlessly Clorox wipes things down? (surfaces are not a likely spreader).

Seriously, what answer does one expect that is sensible? If you are asking the question you have already answered it.

Do you want an answer that makes you feel good about getting a massage? Or do you want truth?

He can't give you both.

We should take precautions, but that probably excludes getting a massage. And you already know that.

So what answer is correct? That he took a COVID test, which was useful until the moment he came with 10 feet of another person? That he mindlessly Clorox wipes things down? (surfaces are not a likely spreader).

Seriously, what answer does one expect that is sensible? If you are asking the question you have already answered it.

Do you want an answer that makes you feel good about getting a massage? Or do you want truth?

He can't give you both.

I think @Jose Anmo meant the manner of delivery. The masseur can state the precautions he takes while giving the massage, or just say that he is not offering massages now. It does not have to be preachy and judgmental. After all, massage spas are actually open now in NYC, following state recommended protocols.

He can't give you both.

"Just curious - what would you like him to say?" How about just answering the question...in the age of Covid, it's not an unreasonable question to ask, is it?

"We should take precautions, but that probably excludes getting a massage. And you already know that."

So, you imply that Jose Anmo shouldn't be getting massages in the first place but say nothing about someone GIVING one?

Besides just being a flame thrower, was there actually a purpose to your response to Jose Anmo?

• 4 weeks later...

after a little snooping, found his FB page, appears to be real but I didn't partake because he got a little pissy with me when asked about Covid 19 precautions.

Your question to him around covid prevention is more than valid. Some masseurs have taken the initiative to describe additional hygiene measures in their description.

You know what physical distancing means, don't you? If you're concerned about COVID don't hire, period.

This is the kind of question that pisses off providers and by the time one approaches them with legitimate questions they are in a bad mood.

Edited by orville

I think @Jose Anmo meant the manner of delivery. The masseur can state the precautions he takes while giving the massage, or just say that he is not offering massages now. It does not have to be preachy and judgmental. After all, massage spas are actually open now in NYC, following state recommended protocols.

P.H.Y.S.I.C.A.L. D.I.S.T.A.N.C.I.N.G.

You are in the right to ask.

They are in the right to answer what they consider appropriate, or ignore you - thinking you are a timewaster.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...