RentMen display - quirky display behavior

Beancounter
This topic is 1883 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Total non-technical person here so be kind to me....

Recently when I’ve clicked a RentMen ad the ad will pop up and display properly on my Apple iPad. After a couple seconds though the ad resizes itself and becomes smaller. This downward display resizing behavior continues three or four more times until the ad is almost too small to read. After the ad finally stops resizing I can use my fingers to expand the ad to completely fill my iPad screen.

My questions to Forum members are these: Have I inadvertently screwed up any display settings? Is this problem unique to Safari? Is this a RentMen system problem?

Total non-technical person here so be kind to me....

Recently when I’ve clicked a RentMen ad the ad will pop up and display properly on my Apple iPad. After a couple seconds though the ad resizes itself and becomes smaller. This downward display resizing behavior continues three or four more times until the ad is almost too small to read. After the ad finally stops resizing I can use my fingers to expand the ad to completely fill my iPad screen.

My questions to Forum members are these: Have I inadvertently screwed up any display settings? Is this problem unique to Safari? Is this a RentMen system problem?

I'm not an ipad user, but I found a link that appears to address your issue. I hope it can help.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3144734

Thank you, @sync for your help. I checked out the link you provided. I went to my zoom settings and it was already turned off as the apple thread suggested. Problem is still occurring. Ugh!

Sorry it didn't help. I know too well how frustrating such technical glitches can be.

I don’t frequent the site...so I tried it and had the same experience on my iPad. It looks like a very intentional resizing embedded in the site and it happens on landscape and portrait orientation. I don’t believe it’s what I suggested in the previous post @Beancounter

Thanks for letting me know that I’m not the only one experiencing this behavior. Hopefully it will correct itself in the future.