Philadelphia, Anything Going On?

rocky
This topic is 1922 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi, spending a night in Philly to catch a plane next day soon. Suggestions on where to go? I haven't been there for a long time and I've heard all the fun places, bars, cruising, dancers, have left Philly. Any suggestions would be appreciated, same with any male companionship!

I was in Philadelphia for a day trip last month. I didn't go far from Washington Square; I had drinks at Boxers, dinner at Barbuzzo, then capped off the night at Woody's. Quite a fun time I have to say. Although I was told entertainment beyond dancing and booze is quite limited.

Depends what you like. I've lived here for 40 years. Barnes Foundation, Vetri, Christ Church, Franklin Institute, Victor's Cafe, Philadelphia Orchestra. "Unfortunately, everyone interesting left Philly 10 years ago" Really?

Personally I found the Franklin Institute very dissapointing - way too much kid stuff. Electric Factory, though, is the coolest concert venue I have ever been to. Its still there, right? Haven't been since '99.

OK, should I have been more specific; so I'm looking for gay good places to go, cruise, eat, etc. Sorry to be blunt but not in to the museum's, etc. Staying at an airport hotel for an early morning flight and wanted to uber downtown. If not a place I should go, let me know.

OK, should I have been more specific; so I'm looking for gay good places to go, cruise, eat, etc. Sorry to be blunt but not in to the museum's, etc. Staying at an airport hotel for an early morning flight and wanted to uber downtown. If not a place I should go, let me know.

There is absolutely nothing to do at any of the hotels at the airport. So it depends on when your flight arrives in Philadelphia. If it is late afternoon, you will not have much time in the gay neighborhood in center City Philadelphia.

Edited by WilliamM