Putting the 'man' in manicure...

KeepItReal
This topic is 1286 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Since 1963 I have been getting manicures, and 'til this day-- I am still getting them every three weeks. After all one's neatly trimmed nails are part of the grooming regimen-- going along with haircuts and mustache trims.

When I went to my barber on that fine day in Cleveland, OH--- he had a manicurist and encouraged me to try her expertise. I had it and was indeed pleased. At the time the manicurists would use clear polish, but today my manicurist in Pacific Grove, CA (Monterey Peninsula) who I've been seeing for some 20+ years only applies a light buff to the nails.

Having one's nails done, esp. on the hands and feet, are an essential part of one's overall grooming regimen.

[Have yet to get a pedicure from Lydia, for her price is rather "dear"-- $95+.]

Edited by Axiom2001

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 1963 I have been getting manicures, and 'til this day-- I am still getting them every three weeks. After all one's neatly trimmed nails are part of the grooming regimen-- going along with haircuts and mustache trims.

When I went to my barber on that fine day in Cleveland, OH--- he had a manicurist and encouraged me to try her expertise. I had it and was indeed pleased. At the time the manicurists would use clear polish, but today my manicurist in Pacific Grove, CA (Monterey Peninsula) who've I've been seeing for some 20+ years only applies a light buff to the nails.

Having one's nails done, esp. on the hands and feet, are an essential part of one's overall grooming regimen.

[Have yet to get a pedicure from my manicurist; her price is rather "dear"-- $90+.]

$90 for a Pedicure ? How many feet do you have ? And does it come with a "happy ending :rolleyes::p

• 1 year later...

I wish I HAD nails for a manicure. Have always had a bad nail-biting habit.... And I started pedicure last year when I became disabled and couldn't reach my feet....And now that I am recovering, I still go twice a month. Men with pretty feet are a turn-on..

And shine, doesn't bother me, nor does Black polish on a guy.

One of the reasons I used to get manicures was because I bit my nails. After spending some money on my nails and having them look and feel good, I somehow could restrain myself from biting them. Part of it was because they didn't get too long if I went every other week.

Ten years ago, I had an ingrown nail (TMI? oh, well) on my right big toe and it was bothering me, and it just so happened there is a fishy-pedicure spa downstairs at apartment I used to live in, so I decided to get a "pedicure," so they could hopefully fix it. But when they asked me if I wanted regular or "spa manicure and pedicure," I was sold! In addition to making me feel pretty on my fingers and toes, I just felt so pampered, together with the drinks they serve every 10 minutes. It was lovely. So sad that the pandemic has ruined by every-other-month tradition. Just do not let that paraffin wax near my feet, they burn like a mother! Lol.

Most months I’ll do my own manicures. Right before the shutdown I found a new men’s salon that had manicurists. I decided to get manicures with my haircut. I like being fussed over. Unfortunately, when we started reopening salons, manicures are still not allowed.

I have always loved the look of a buffed nail on guys. Unfortunately, it’s a lot of work and doesn’t last long. But, I have just found a brand new polish from Chanel for men that looks exactly like your nails were buffed. And it lasts. I love it!

Without giving out too much information, before coming to the Weekend I try to get a "Brazilian" using wax and then following up with a pedicure and manicure if I feel like it. I love the Brazilian because it keeps you so clean. I realize that everyone likes it done a different way perhaps but for some reason I like waxing while talking to the person doing the procedure.

Without giving out too much information, before coming to the Weekend I try to get a "Brazilian" using wax and then following up with a pedicure and manicure if I feel like it. I love the Brazilian because it keeps you so clean. I realize that everyone likes it done a different way perhaps but for some reason I like waxing while talking to the person doing the procedure.

Wow, you must be a pro. I have never mustered up the courage, much less imagine to engage in conversation, to get Brazilian simply from seeing the infamous Steve Carrell moment. I could imagine being like him just focusing on that breathing. Lol.

giphy.gif

Wow, you must be a pro. I have never mustered up the courage, much less imagine to engage in conversation, to get Brazilian simply from seeing the infamous Steve Carrell moment. I could imagine being like him just focusing on that breathing. Lol.

giphy.gif

Speaking to the guy takes the focus away from any pain coming my way. I have way too much hair to have my chest done. It is just my back and then most of the crotch.