Problems posting beginning 2/5/2019

whipped guy
This topic is 1899 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have had difficulty posting here using my iPad mini 2 as the keyboard covers the posting area and especially when attempting to post photos. It does not happen with other forum websites in which I participate. Any others having similar issues? For some when starting the thread here things seem to work ok, but not in the Lounge or the Galkery to give two examples. Thanks!

EDIT: I just tried responding to this post and had difficulty doing so because the keyboard totally blocked the posting area!! Yet I was able to edit things without a problem. Crazy!

EDIT 2: I Just tried again and had the same problem! Bizarre. Also same issues using my iPhone... again no issues with other sites. Thanks!

Edited by whipped guy

I am posting this using Safari as opposed to Chrome and things are working normally. So the issue seems to involve both Chrome and this website as other discussion forums are working normally with Chrome. My problem concerns the fact the Chrome is much more friendly when it comes to posting photos and since that is my main activity here it has become a conundrum that is not making things as easy as they can be........:(

@oldNbusted thanks for the suggestion... much appreciated. Unfortunately the other style made things WORSE! It is making it very difficult for me to participate here using my device of choice. :( No problems elsewhere. Some crazy SNAFU and ONLY here!

Help!! ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS from anyone else??

I have read that a lot of people are experiencing your problem. Some have found that while depressing and holding the space bar they were able to drag the keyboard back where it belongs.

@sync thsnks, but it is not really function of the keyboard being in the wrong spot, but that the website page does not adjust. Either way I tried adjusting the keyboard and it will not move even though it is supposed to be moveable. I can post easily on other sites, but I just ran out of space and cannot see what the F I am typing here. So gonna end it!

@sync thsnks, but it is not really function of the keyboard being in the wrong spot, but that the website page does not adjust. Either way I tried adjusting the keyboard and it will not move even though it is supposed to be moveable. I can post easily on other sites, but I just ran out of space and cannot see what the F I am typing here. So gonna end it!

That's very disappointing. :confused: I hope a fix for this comes your way soon. You may have already considered this, but if not, try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome.

That's very disappointing. :confused: I hope a fix for this comes your way soon. You may have already considered this, but if not, try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome.
Yes, I might have to try that, but I would not do so untill I post every pic that I currently have stored there! It would undo a lot of time and effort!

I just checked this thread today and I’m having the same problem with iPad/Chrome. See first image here, text reply box blocked by keyboard. I need to undock keyboard (2nd image) to see text of my replies/posts as I write them. Ugh ?

88986-E29-4-C8-E-4834-BBF9-2-EF060-B6-D4-A8.jpg

0-C9526-E9-151-B-41-C3-B723-53-F3-A67-F268-E.jpg

Thanks @MikeBiDude! At least I am not the only one having this issue. I tried to not undock the iPad keyboard, but the only way to post is to go that route. Still it can get confusing. I am on my laptop posting this as it is easier to do so, but I rarely turn on my computer as the iPad is my device of choice and especially as it is coupled with my iPhone.

I think that it has something to do with they way Chrome is interacting with this website as it is the only site with which I am having an issue, and the issue began on February 5th. Prior to that there was no problem whatsoever. Perhaps the powers that be might be able to figure things out. When the keyboard is engaged the webpage should shift up to reveal the posting area. That stopped happening on February 5th for some strange reason. Ironically that was the day that I got a new iPhone and I had several issues with the phone and iPad not communicating properly, but those were resolved. I really doubt that this is related... and I am not contacting Apple to complain that I can't post on a this site. And especially sine they often want to view your screen to help resolve any issues... Not going there!!!!!!! BIG LOL!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Edited by whipped guy

Thanks @MikeBiDude! At least I am not the only one having this issue. I tried to not undock the iPad keyboard, but the only way to post is to go that route. Still it can get confusing. I am on my laptop posting this as it is easier to do so, but I rarely turn on my computer as the iPad is my device of choice and especially as it is coupled with my iPhone.

I think that it has something to do with they way Chrome is interacting with this website as it is the only site with which I am having an issue, and the issue began on February 5th. Prior to that there was no problem whatsoever. Perhaps the powers that be might be able to figure things out. When the keyboard is engaged the webpage should shift up to reveal the posting area. That stopped happening on February 5th for some strange reason. Ironically that was the day that I got a new iPhone and I had several issues with the phone and iPad not communicating properly, but those were resolved. I really doubt that this is related... and I am not contacting Apple to complain that I can't post on a this site. And especially sine they often want to view your screen to help resolve any issues... Not going there!!!!!!! BIG LOL!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Belated Happy Birthday @whipped guy

Well....I’m having the same issue on Adam4Adam so we need to look past this forum and investigate

Edit: not happening in Safari browser on iPad, just Chrome at the moment

Edited by MikeBiDude

Belated Happy Birthday @whipped guy

Well....I’m having the same issue on Adam4Adam so we need to look past this forum and investigate

Edit: not happening in Safari browser on iPad, just Chrome at the moment

Hey @MikeBiDude Thanks!

It’s Not happening on Safari,but I mostly post pics and using Safari makes it quite difficult to post pics directly. In fact it was an “Apple genius” who told me “off the record” a number of years ago that Chrome was the way to go to post pics more easily. Of course they are not supposed to bash anything Apple and that includes Apple’s Safari browser! The advice made my life here much easier.

It is interesting that it is happening also on A4A. So far I have not noticed it occurring anywhere else.

I just checked out Adam4Adam and it is acting exactly as @MikeBiDude mentions in his post above. The webpage is not shifting upward when the keyboard is engaged on Chrome to reveal the posting area. So the conundrum continues!

An interesting observation concerns the fact that when EDITING a post here things act notmally as the webpage shifts up to expose the posting box.

Edited by whipped guy

I just checked out Adam4Adam and it is acting exactly as @MikeBiDude mentions in his post above. The webpage is not shifting upward when the keyboard is engaged on Chrome to reveal the posting area. So the conundrum continues!

An interesting observation concerns the fact that when EDITING a post here things act notmally as the webpage shifts up to expose the posting box.

Fixed??? Saturday 0830PST replies here and in A4A back to “normal”. Keyboard at bottom and text reply box visible...iOS 12.1.4