Very Suspicious -- Watch out for this guy

dcman
This topic is 1942 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://rentmasseur.com/swea

Emailed and he told me to text him. Did so, to meet today. He tells me to stop at the Walgreens and buy a $100 iTunes card then I can pay him the $50 after her provides the services. I refused to bring an iTunes card as that sounded really strange. If you look on his shirt there is a website address. I went there and it was some sort of gaming and video site. VERY FISHY.

I first ran into the itunes card scam last summer. There's a guy advertising on Detroit RentMasseur (https://rentmasseur.com/Torks) , says home is France, he's using Todd Sanfield's pictures, says he'll be in Detroit, Austin TX, and Miami FL from January 28 to February 28. I suspect if I were to contact him I'd get a request for an iTunes card.

The shirt he was wearing had the website name " nutaku.net" on it and below that it said GAYMER. Glad I stuck to my guns and did not buy the card, I was really hot for the guy.....guess that is what they are counting on.

The guy doesn't exist. At least he doesn't in the massage world. You were communicating with a middle aged woman smoking a cigarette in a Ukraine basement trying to get iTunes gift card numbers out of gullible Americans.

This scam has been discussed endlessly.

Upfront iTunes requests (or anything up front for that matter) is a scam. No different from the nice lady in Nigeria desperately wanting to send you $10 million once she gets a small $5,000 handing and insurance fee and your bank account number!

Be careful. :)

How does the itunes card scam work exactly?

The guy tells you to buy $100 in iTunes gift cards because you'll give them to him after the session, but oops... he wants you to give him all of the information off of the gift card BEFORE you meet so he can make sure he's not getting scammed. With that info he steals the value and you never hear from him again.

https://support.apple.com/itunes-gift-card-scams

Is like if you send cash to a stranger. Most likely he will never deliver the service or product.

The guy tells you to buy $100 in iTunes gift cards because you'll give them to him after the session, but oops... he wants you to give him all of the information off of the gift card BEFORE you meet so he can make sure he's not getting scammed. With that info he steals the value and you never hear from him again.

Thanks! That's more unsophisticated than I had expected. I hope people aren't paying remotely before services have been rendered...