“Sorry to have disturbed you” - PART ONE

Dave
This topic is 1917 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Although I don’t post often here, those of you who know me, know that I’m very committed to this industry - trying to make it better for both esccrts and clients alike. I believe that hiring, if consensual and done right - with integrity, and quality, and respect - on the parts of both parties involved - can enhance a society. Conversely, if done without regard to one of the parties (esccrt or client), it’s simply selfish and rude.

With that in mind, I am posting the following... it’s long and involves several messages exchanged - and it starts with one I sent someone recently. My hope is that I can help other esccrts who aim to spend their time providing esccrt experiences, and not dealing with time-wasters. I also hope that this post might help clients understand how working guys actually work, with regards to setting up appointments. Since our society doesn’t encourage men or women to hire, many clients and would-be clients are in the dark about doing so, and perhaps this post can help guiding them in that endeavor. I can’t help but recall seven years ago, when I tried my hand at a webinar....

It was called “BEST CLIENT EVER: Everything You Wanted to Know About Hiring Esccrts* (*But Were Afraid to Ask).”

I did a live broadcast. An esccrt buddy of mine handled the technical aspects of the webinar. Multiple guys attended it from all over the world, interacting, and it included aspects like this. Simply put, the medium was a challenge for me (I think I’m better live, face-to-face, and enjoy teaching that way much more) - and so I didn't repeat it.

Note - I’ve changed the details here that would identify him, instead, calling him “SheerHappiness”.

Sheer,

I’ve seen that you’ve been back here on RentMen a couple times since I sent my last message to you. I’m going to make the assumption that you’ve read my reply, asking you to clarify whether the message you say you left was a voicemail or text. And I’m going to conclude that you have deliberately chosen not to reply.

Take a look at this exchange between us, this month:

• Jan 12, 2019: Hi Dave - DO you have any openings on Jan 22nd when you are in DC?
  • D, Jan 12, 2019: yes, I can see you then. I'm currently in the US (you may know that I'm based overseas) so now is a good time for us to talk. for first time clients, I always require a brief phone conversation before setting up an appointment. once that's happened, future communications are fine by messages. please call me when you have a moment... we'll chat for a few minutes, I'll get you on my calendar, and we'll be set.
  • Jan 13, 2019: Before I call, would you be up for being on bottom?
  • D, Jan 13, 2019: Yes. I already saw your profile ;)
  • Jan 14, 2019: Thanks. So how about 5-7pm on the 22nd?
  • D, Jan 14, 2019: for first time clients, I always require a brief phone conversation before setting up an appointment. please call me when you have a moment, Sheer.
  • Jan 14, 2019: OK. I will call you this evening
  • D, Jan 14, 2019: OK
  • Jan 17, 2019: I am assuming you have changed your mind. Have a good trip.
  • D, Jan 17, 2019: ? changed my mind - about what? perhaps you've forgotten our last communications? I didn't get a call from you - assumed you were busy and would call me at a different point. what's going on?
  • Jan 19, 2019: I left a message, but I did not hear back.
  • D, Jan19, 2019: No message was received. Voicemail? Text? What number?

Now, today is Jan 21. You originally wanted a Jan 22 appointment. And (note the response dates on my end) I have replied to EVERY message from you on the same day that it came in. I want you to remember that, as you read the rest of this email.

Your somewhat strange behavior in hiring (I’ve been doing this long enough to judge from many different people how they conduct themselves when they have serious intentions to hire) has led me to question your intentions. So, I got a little curious. Especially because your profile name seemed familiar to me.

I checked my emails and sure enough, you and I have been in contact for... not one or two years... but five years, on and off! Imagine my surprise when I found that many of the messages exchanged have been through the Forum. A number of years ago, when you first made a post about having trouble hiring men and not being successful with that, I made an offer for you to do a role-play hiring scenario with me, via telephone, for free – where first you would call and identify yourself as that particular member of the Forum, and then we would go into a role play of you calling, as if I had no information about you. You would be trying to set up an appointment. I would give you feedback or let you know if there were any red flags you were presenting at that time.

Oddly enough, that back-and-forth message conversation ended with you saying you would take me up on it and be calling me “soon.” And then several days later when I didn’t hear from you, I sent you a message saying this doesn’t seem right to me because, “soon” is within a few hours or a day - or even two days - and it’s been longer than that. No reply from you led me to conclude that, that alone was a red flag.

Over the ensuing years, you continued to contact me for appointments, but they were always in the form of “passive” requests. For example, emails asking about when I’d be in a particular area, which of course I ‘d reply to - but then hear nothing back.

I delved deeper into you and your posts on the forum. And as I uncovered more information, I became... more dismayed. First I found an entry several years ago where I was the subject of the discussion and – although I had a lot of positive comments – I had one negative comment - and it was from YOU. You basically said you didn’t like your session with me “a few years ago” and stated that you would not recommend me.

That was strange, because - although I’m proud to say I’ve made a lot of people happy - obviously there are some that I haven’t. Usually, an esccrt can tell that’s the case before the appointment is over. And although I pondered your comment for a while, I just couldn’t figure out who you were. So I searched some more on the Forum - thinking perhaps I would find a clue about you.

What I found, actually made me feel better about your comment on me. Over and over, I found posts written by you about other esccrts not showing up, about how this one is a hassle to book, and that one canceled an hour before your session with him, because one of his regulars wanted to meet up (really?). Then another who you tried to contact with texts and emails but you couldn’t get a hold of him, and another who blew you off for a session...

Your negative comments continued on, in a rant style reminiscent of Trump - and then at one point, you asked the Forum why your negative reviews on guys stay up for a day or two but then get deleted.

My investigation wasn’t as in-depth as Robert Mueller's, but... I also found that you’ve made a number of queries to the Forum (I’m assuming the auspices of which were that you were looking to other men who hire for advice), telling stories of when you tried to hire but this well-reviewed esccrt didn’t show up, and what should you do? Or, that visiting esccrt called you to reschedule, and you wanted to know if you did anything wrong? And, how should you phrase the first written contact to an esccrt? And, do esccrts do overnights with new clients?

In one of your posts a few years ago, you mentioned an esccrt with whom I am quite close. You wrote that he is your “go-to guy”. Since I was trying to figure out if I should continue to engage with you as your communication with me became more challenging, I contacted him. I wanted to see what he knew. He promptly responded to me, and although we went back and forth with both your profile name and the name Sheer, he said he has no client like that, and never did.

My search about you on the Forum continued. I realized that there has been some controversy about a person who had a profile name very similar to yours... if, for example, the profile name you’re using with me currently is “SheerHappiness” (READERS, THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE - I SINCERELY HOPE THERE IS NO ONE WITH THAT NAME OUT THERE!), there was a person with a previous profile name similar to SheerHappiness... it was “SHappiness.” And several esccrts and clients were questioning the integrity of that person.

FORUM READERS: This post continues under “Sorry to have disturbed you” - PART TWO

Edited by Dave

Although I don’t post often here, those of you who know me, know that I’m very committed to this industry - trying to make it better for both esccrts and clients alike. I believe that hiring, if consensual and done right - with integrity, and quality, and respect - on the parts of both parties involved - can enhance a society. Conversely, if done without regard to one of the parties (esccrt or client), it’s simply selfish and rude.

With that in mind, I am posting the following... it’s long and involves several messages exchanged - and it starts with one I sent someone recently. My hope is that I can help other esccrts who aim to spend their time providing esccrt experiences, and not dealing with time-wasters. I also hope that this post might help clients understand how working guys actually work, with regards to setting up appointments. Since our society doesn’t encourage men or women to hire, many clients and would-be clients are in the dark about doing so, and perhaps this post can help guiding them in that endeavor. I can’t help but recall seven years ago, when I tried my hand at a webinar....

It was called “BEST CLIENT EVER: Everything You Wanted to Know About Hiring Esccrts* (*But Were Afraid to Ask).”

I did a live broadcast. An esccrt buddy of mine handled the technical aspects of the webinar. Multiple guys attended it from all over the world, interacting, and it included aspects like this. Simply put, the medium was a challenge for me (I think I’m better live, face-to-face, and enjoy teaching that way much more) - and so I didn't repeat it.

Note - I’ve changed the details here that would identify him, instead, calling him “SheerHappiness”.

Sheer,

I’ve seen that you’ve been back here on RentMen a couple times since I sent my last message to you. I’m going to make the assumption that you’ve read my reply, asking you to clarify whether the message you say you left was a voicemail or text. And I’m going to conclude that you have deliberately chosen not to reply.

Take a look at this exchange between us, this month:

• Jan 12, 2019: Hi Dave - DO you have any openings on Jan 22nd when you are in DC?
  • D, Jan 12, 2019: yes, I can see you then. I'm currently in the US (you may know that I'm based overseas) so now is a good time for us to talk. for first time clients, I always require a brief phone conversation before setting up an appointment. once that's happened, future communications are fine by messages. please call me when you have a moment... we'll chat for a few minutes, I'll get you on my calendar, and we'll be set.
  • Jan 13, 2019: Before I call, would you be up for being on bottom?
  • D, Jan 13, 2019: Yes. I already saw your profile ;)
  • Jan 14, 2019: Thanks. So how about 5-7pm on the 22nd?
  • D, Jan 14, 2019: for first time clients, I always require a brief phone conversation before setting up an appointment. please call me when you have a moment, Sheer.
  • Jan 14, 2019: OK. I will call you this evening
  • D, Jan 14, 2019: OK
  • Jan 17, 2019: I am assuming you have changed your mind. Have a good trip.
  • D, Jan 17, 2019: ? changed my mind - about what? perhaps you've forgotten our last communications? I didn't get a call from you - assumed you were busy and would call me at a different point. what's going on?
  • Jan 19, 2019: I left a message, but I did not hear back.
  • D, Jan19, 2019: No message was received. Voicemail? Text? What number?

Now, today is Jan 21. You originally wanted a Jan 22 appointment. And (note the response dates on my end) I have replied to EVERY message from you on the same day that it came in. I want you to remember that, as you read the rest of this email.

Your somewhat strange behavior in hiring (I’ve been doing this long enough to judge from many different people how they conduct themselves when they have serious intentions to hire) has led me to question your intentions. So, I got a little curious. Especially because your profile name seemed familiar to me.

I checked my emails and sure enough, you and I have been in contact for... not one or two years... but five years, on and off! Imagine my surprise when I found that many of the messages exchanged have been through the Forum. A number of years ago, when you first made a post about having trouble hiring men and not being successful with that, I made an offer for you to do a role-play hiring scenario with me, via telephone, for free – where first you would call and identify yourself as that particular member of the Forum, and then we would go into a role play of you calling, as if I had no information about you. You would be trying to set up an appointment. I would give you feedback or let you know if there were any red flags you were presenting at that time.

Oddly enough, that back-and-forth message conversation ended with you saying you would take me up on it and be calling me “soon.” And then several days later when I didn’t hear from you, I sent you a message saying this doesn’t seem right to me because, “soon” is within a few hours or a day - or even two days - and it’s been longer than that. No reply from you led me to conclude that, that alone was a red flag.

Over the ensuing years, you continued to contact me for appointments, but they were always in the form of “passive” requests. For example, emails asking about when I’d be in a particular area, which of course I ‘d reply to - but then hear nothing back.

I delved deeper into you and your posts on the forum. And as I uncovered more information, I became... more dismayed. First I found an entry several years ago where I was the subject of the discussion and – although I had a lot of positive comments – I had one negative comment - and it was from YOU. You basically said you didn’t like your session with me “a few years ago” and stated that you would not recommend me.

That was strange, because - although I’m proud to say I’ve made a lot of people happy - obviously there are some that I haven’t. Usually, an esccrt can tell that’s the case before the appointment is over. And although I pondered your comment for a while, I just couldn’t figure out who you were. So I searched some more on the Forum - thinking perhaps I would find a clue about you.

What I found, actually made me feel better about your comment on me. Over and over, I found posts written by you about other esccrts not showing up, about how this one is a hassle to book, and that one canceled an hour before your session with him, because one of his regulars wanted to meet up (really?). Then another who you tried to contact with texts and emails but you couldn’t get a hold of him, and another who blew you off for a session...

Your negative comments continued on, in a rant style reminiscent of Trump - and then at one point, you asked the Forum why your negative reviews on guys stay up for a day or two but then get deleted.

My investigation wasn’t as in-depth as Robert Mueller's, but... I also found that you’ve made a number of queries to the Forum (I’m assuming the auspices of which were that you were looking to other men who hire for advice), telling stories of when you tried to hire but this well-reviewed esccrt didn’t show up, and what should you do? Or, that visiting esccrt called you to reschedule, and you wanted to know if you did anything wrong? And, how should you phrase the first written contact to an esccrt? And, do esccrts do overnights with new clients?

In one of your posts a few years ago, you mentioned an esccrt with whom I am quite close. You wrote that he is your “go-to guy”. Since I was trying to figure out if I should continue to engage with you as your communication with me became more challenging, I contacted him. I wanted to see what he knew. He promptly responded to me, and although we went back and forth with both your profile name and the name Sheer, he said he has no client like that, and never did.

My search about you on the Forum continued. I realized that there has been some controversy about a person who had a profile name very similar to yours... if, for example, the profile name you’re using with me currently is “SheerHappiness” (READERS, THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE - I SINCERELY HOPE THERE IS NO ONE WITH THAT NAME OUT THERE!), there was a person with a previous profile name similar to SheerHappiness... it was “SHappiness.” And several esccrts and clients were questioning the integrity of that person.

FORUM READERS: This post continues under “Sorry to have disturbed you” - PART TWO

@Dave I wouldn't waste so much time in such time waster loser.... Just tell him call me for a couple of minutes whenever you have a chance... Even a CEO of a successful company would find 2 mins for a phone call if he can't, he's not worth your time.

I’m glad you posted this, Dave. As you and I discussed, this reviewer, under multiple screen names, has given me a slew of one-star reviews on Rentmen. I don’t really engage with him, but Rentmen won’t remove the one-star reviews. I’ve never met him since he always stands me up, but I’m pretty sure I know who he is and why he is trying to malign me. Luckily, rather than hurt my business, these bad reviews encourage others to post positive reviews defending me, thus obviating the intended besmirching of my reputation. I’ve had a lot of dud experiences, but never a 1-star experience. I’ve never spoken up publicly for fear of retaliation by this person since I have heard stories of his turning violent. I’m glad other people are calling this person out on his shenanigans.

Mike Gaite

• 2 weeks later...

@Mikegaite +1!

@Dave Thank You!

I have decoded the messages and have placed measures to avoid this guy. I have lists of multiple screen names, emails, and phone numbers as well. I too received a 1 Star and was lucky in its removal.

As working guys, we do this long enough to know the general flow of hiring and inquiring. So much so, that this person is sniffed out immediately.

My solution? Hold my head high and keep moving forward and providing attention for the clients that care.

You Mister Anon? I don’t get upset. I do not get mad. Your “sleuthing” about with dozens of accounts and emails must be exhausting. Meanwhile you waste maybe 2 minutes if my time and I have forgotten about you.

I hope you are satisfied and content with what you do. I’d encourage your efforts not be wasted on us. You are attempting to disturb a business in which our guards are up 24/7. Every message is analyzed. Every response is compared. You are being bested at your own game.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Good luck to you. I look forward to our meeting..sorry we missed each other.

Sorry you have to put up w/ crazy guys like this - they are obviously disturbed and fighting inner demons - Too bad they have to act out by wasting time and attacking the BEST.

The amount of time @Dave took being kind and open to this Flake is indicative of the phenomenal man he is — his Energy and Soul are a major reason he is such a great & caring provider. Just reread my review:) and will wipe up after I finish this post:):) If our paths cross again “I’ll Be There” !!!

@Mikegaite - No negative review will be believed by me and you stay on my “want a session” when locations and schedules allow it to work out! One day it will!

• 2 weeks later...

This is the reason why I pay an online background service (for a small fee, however...nothing like the application fees apartments charge lol). I’ve found all sorts of red flag info on clients, including one in Florida who wasted my time, only to find him in a newspaper article back in mid-2000s for stealing copper pipes from businesses. So it would only make sense that he would call me to waste my time.

Every since Craigslist has shut down, all the bored, repressed souls have come out of the shadows. Some are good, many are bad. I’m starting to lean towards not taking any further texts from clients who can’t be verified thru my background service, as many turn out to be jokers. Also the ones who don’t follow directions to contact by phone, and steadily chat on the email, also should get the boot.

However, the whole thing is getting bananas. I’ve had to blacklist about a dozen clients over the last week. Some come up with the cancellation fee, most don’t. Far too many text pests clogging up the phone lines, I’ve tried all sorts of methods to exterminate them...but they’re becoming resistant, like MRSA. Time to come up with new measures to repel them.