Canceling due to sickness

kaboom35
This topic is 1614 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sorry to hear. I can appreciate your disappointment.

I recently had a guy cancel on me with similar timing - in NYC so unlikely to be the same guy.....I had set something up a few days prior, and communication was great. We confirmed the day of around lunch time and we were all set for 9pm after I had dinner with colleagues. While I’m at dinner, he texts me that he pulled a muscle at the gym and needs to cancel. While unfortunate, these things happen (Easy to say now, but like you, I was pretty bummed at the time).

I too was disappointed- he has great reviews on line, but the joy of being in NYC - I was able to contact and see someone else - a little later than I was initially planning, but for me, not the same disappointment you had.

plan B worked for me (although I do need to say, I would still have preferred to see plan A!).

My plan B was keeping the “Boston Entertainment Fund” in the envelope and nursing some major wood on my own. ? In the end, it all worked out. That envelope became my “Christmas Entertainment Fund” which I used last weekend when I met a local Brazilian god who completely rocked my world. Santa came early and often this year.

There's one fine gentleman I've wanted to meet for quite some time. We had arranged for him to visit me last weekend. I awoke the morning of his arrival with a cough. I immediately contacted him with the information and let him know I didn't think it was anything, but I wanted to disclose the situation before he got on the plane. Given his plans for the holidays, we decided to cancel and will reschedule for a future date.