Nathan Lane returning to Broadway in March

beethoven
This topic is 1951 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just got a discount flyer in the mail for "Gary," Nathan Lane's new vehicle, also with Andrea Martin, written by Taylor Mac and directed by George C. Wolfe.

It's billed as a sequel to Titus Andronicus: "It's the fall of the Roman Empire...and it's a comedy." (After Titus Andronicus, we need a comedy!)

The discounted orchestra seats are $89, and the available seats are in crummy locations. Regular prices are quite high, especially for a non-musical. Previews begin March 5, and it opens April 11.

Anyone know anything about this new play? Any "buzz" on the Rialto?

I hope it's a huge hit and keeps him on Broadway and off TV forever, since I don't see plays, but have had to endure several of his annoying hammy 'acting' performances over the years on several shows I watch.

Maybe he can do something with Matthew Jessica Parker, so he can get him off THE CONNERS; I feel like barfing every time he shows up as Jackie's beau.

I just got a discount flyer in the mail for "Gary," Nathan Lane's new vehicle, also with Andrea Martin, written by Taylor Mac and directed by George C. Wolfe.

It's billed as a sequel to Titus Andronicus: "It's the fall of the Roman Empire...and it's a comedy." (After Titus Andronicus, we need a comedy!)

The discounted orchestra seats are $89, and the available seats are in crummy locations. Regular prices are quite high, especially for a non-musical. Previews begin March 5, and it opens April 11.

Anyone know anything about this new play? Any "buzz" on the Rialto?

The subject does interest me, plus the play has a great of anticipation on Broadway chat sites.

I hope it's a huge hit and keeps him on Broadway and off TV forever, since I don't see plays, but have had to endure several of his annoying hammy 'acting' performances over the years on several shows I watch.

Maybe he can do something with Matthew Jessica Parker, so he can get him off THE CONNERS; I feel like barfing every time he shows up as Jackie's beau.

Maybe he is better in person on Broadway, like Ethel Merman. I have seen Lane in several plays and musicals on stage and never been disappointed. Only saw Merman in person in the musical Gypsy -- again it was a wonderful experience.