45 States That Allow Underage (under 21) Alcohol Consumption

Avalon
This topic is 1968 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My apologies. I had thought that the drinking age nation-wide was 21yo. But I was watching the recent episode of the sitcom "Speechless" and was surprised to learn that is not the case in Wyoming. So I did a Google search and found that link. However as that link had a copyright I have removed it.

Edited by Guy Fawkes

Loved the "for gov't work related purposes" (i.e. Government agency using a minor to test stores) "Kansas statute 41-727a authorizes specific people to use minors to determine compliance with Kansas liquor laws."

Already knew the states where I had previously lived. Now know it for Nevada. Thanks!

I was forced to drink wine by my parents for religious reasons as a minor - I resented it, so as an adult I dislike alcohol consumption as well as religion! Making friends everywhere I go.....

Sad to hear that! Quite the opposite happened to me. I was taught the significance and connection between wine and certain religious rituals and ceremonies and given some to share the experience depending on my age. Mostly my siblings and myself were given grape juice. Both my parents were very light social drinkers and always gave me a sample to know what they were drinking and to develop a taste for alcohol. I grew up to appreciate fine alcohol and pair it with fine foods, besides drinking in moderation and responsibly.

Anyone 18 or over in any US state is considered an adult in court. The 14th Ammendment guarantees all citizens equal protection under the law. If I were ever a juror on a trial in which an adult (18 or over or emancipated minor) was put on trial for "underage" drinking, I would view the law as null and void. If the 14th Ammendment doesn't protect adults 18-20, why should it protect the LGBT community?