Silverado Portland new digs

pdxleo
This topic is 1954 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This week the relocation of Portland's 35-year-old Club Silverado is complete - the new location at 610 NW Couch Street (Pronounced "cooch" and don't snicker) had the opening this weekend. The front entrance is on the 6th AV side of the building, not the corner door. The main floor has a bar, restaurant kitchen, pool table and video poker room. No stripper stage on this floor, as the space has full windows onto the street. All the action is downstairs- one strip stage, three lap dance seats (curtains on sides, entrances open to the view of monitors and patrons- ugh!), bar and restrooms. Low ceilings in the basement mean limited pole work- but at least there is a pole now, instead of a lumber post.

The new place- ten or twelve year old building- is smaller than the old two-club layout, and the stairs down to the basement might prove problematic, but at least they found a spot to carry on the business. We feared that the enlightened Oregon Liquor Control Commission would find a way to deny the new license, but enough hoops were jumped to get the job done. Seems live all the staff and dancers have survived the move, the weekend was definitely hopping.

The new spot is on the west edge of the entertainment district, and is two blocks from Stag, the other gay strip club in town. Between these two is the old Embers Club, currently shut, but rumored to be under contract to a California group and expected to renovate into a gay disco. Also, CC Slaughters gay bar is three blocks east (Portland blocks are just 200 feet) so the beginnings of a new gay village are taking shape- ah, the memories of the old Vaseline Alley on SW Stark ST, now labelled Harvey Milk Way., where the gay clubs and bathhouses were clustered, before gentrification.

• 3 weeks later...

Many years ago I was walking back to my hotel when I made eye contact with a stunning blond walking on the other side. We made eye contact. I walked around the corner and paused. Heart beating. He walked across and came up to me. We ended up back at his apartment. Same thing with a brunet a year later. Portland is the only place where that ever happened. I should drive down there for a weekend.

I visited Silverado for the first time last night. It was not a bad experience, but by far not the best male strip club I've been to.

I am not sure why PDX boasts about all nude, when most will show only half their butt??? They had a lot of dancers, including a few I spoke with who were not getting a spot on stage, but stayed to do lap dances and work the crowd. A fair variety/types represented. My 2 cents...