10 Health Benefits of Kale

Avalon
This topic is 1950 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's a type of cabbage. I do not like cabbage!

I don't blame you! Boiled cabbage is what they serve you every day in Hades. They serve coleslaw (which is made with cabbage) in heaven, alongside you plate of fried chicken.

And steamed cabbage with steamed potatoes and steamed carrots and steamed kielbasa sausage chunks is an awesome meal.

I don't blame you! Boiled cabbage is what they serve you every day in Hades. They serve coleslaw (which is made with cabbage) in heaven, alongside you plate of fried chicken.

And steamed cabbage with steamed potatoes and steamed carrots and steamed kielbasa sausage chunks is an awesome meal.

If cabbage is in Hades and coleslaw in heaven I guess I'm stuck in purgatory! :)

And carrots? That's what the Devil tempted Eve with! :)

Another fond memory of growing up - boiled potatoes, carrots, cabbage and turnips. Boil them to an inch of their life and then add a stick of butter! Delicious. I"ll have to try adding sausage next time!

• 2 months later...

I generally like vegetables, and am quite fond of spinach, Swiss chard, cabbage ( try it sautéed in olive oil seasoned with lemon juice, black pepper, salt, a little sugar, and cumin - just don’t overcook- it brings out the sulphur). However, I can’t get past the texture of Kale. I always feel like I’m eating a plastic shower curtain. I’ve tried blanching it, massaging it, but I can’t get past the texture.