Have You Ever Called The Police On A Neighbor?

Avalon
This topic is 2042 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

That was one of the storylines on a recent episode of "Black-ish".

I have back in the 80s. I was living in a triplex - two units downstairs, one upstairs. I was downstairs. I called on the other unit downstairs.

They had a Confederate flag covering one window. They were selling marijuana. People were coming and going all hours of the night.

I called the police about the noise. Other neighbors on the block called about the noise. But it was the oddest thing. Before the police would arrive the noise stopped.

One time I knocked on their door; I was going to ask them to turn the music down. But the door was not shut tightly and it opened. They threatened me.

I called the landlord and moved out. I was there only one month.

In my 20s, I shared a house with two other guys in an old Philadelphia neighborhood. We had our own stereos.

On a Saturday night, the next door neighbor called the police complaining that we moved a stereo depending on the room he was in at the moment!

The police knocked on our door, and saw the three stereos, and just laughed out loud at the neighbor's complaint.

I called 911 on a "neighbor"ing car a couple weeks ago in Florida while driving I-10 in the panhandle near the Okaloosa/Walton county line......it was a white pickup truck with a company logo on it and AL plates.....swerving and weaving at times in moderately heavy traffic.....we drove past him and it looked like a somewhat youngish guy hunched over the wheel as if trying to be as much in control as he could muster.....he continued to swerve every several seconds as I watched from the rear-view mirror......after one perilous move, I finally called 911 and asked for the highway patrol.......we wondered what became of it

A gay couple lived next to me about 20 years ago. I knew that one of them was quite physically ill and the other was acting more or less as his caretaker. It was definitely a verbally abusive relationship to some extent (the walls were paper thin and it was impossible to not hear the neighbors' business in that building), but one day I heard an escalation which seemed to involve physical violence. The police showed up but I'm not sure what happened. The couple moved out almost immediately and I've always wondered what happened to the one who was ill. I was hoping he wasn't involved in some sort of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? situation with a crazed caretaker abusing and isolating him.