I'm mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore!

ValleyDwellerNorth
This topic is 6440 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Fucking fuck fuck!!!!! I want to go see the movie "The Queen". I am an anglophile. I am also, as the Germans would say, a "homosexuelle". Why the FUCK do I have to be a CSI team member to decode where the HELL this movie is playing near me!?!?! Why, oh why, do all the good gay movies of substance, i.e. "The Deep End", have to be relegated to artsy fartsy movie houses MILES from my backward valley!?!?! Why do I have to travel under the cover of night to see such films?!?!? And if you are saying that "The Queen" isn't a gay movie then please let me know of a man/woman couple who regualry fuck one another who plan to attend this film.

Yes, I am familiar with the Moviefone website and all sites similar. BUT here is my question:

IS THERE A WEBSITE WHERE YOU ENTER YOUR ZIP CODE AND THE MOVIE YOU WANT SEE AND IT SHOWS YOU WHERE THE MOVIE IS PLAYING IN DEGREES OF RADII (5 MILES FROM YOUR HOME, 10, 20, ETC.)!?!?!

All the movie sites I have used ask for a zip code BUT they only give you what is in that ZIP FUCKING CODE! I am in family values Disney cluster fuck town! I want to see The Queen!

Simmer down now, simmer down. :-)

Try movies.yahoo.com -- I just went there, selected "all movies" from their top 10 list, selected The Queen, and gave it my Zip code. Took me right to the nearest theaters, with links to maps for each.

I am told The Queen is available for downloading from this site:

http://moviemagicnet.com/The-Queen.html

I have never used this site or downloaded any other films, so I cannot recommend it to you. Perhaps another list memeber can provide more details or a reccommendation?

I saw the film last week here in NYC where it was playing in only three movie theaters, and not the regular AMC or Lowes. I saw it at the Angelika where we could loudly hear the #3 train rumbling past every few minutes! The film is in limited release although, it's star, Helen Mirren is out on a publicity tour and commericals are running on TV here. BTW, the film is FANTASTIC! She will surely be nominated for an Oscar.

Good luck. If necessary, I would suggest a car ride to the nearest artsy-fartsy movie house! LOL.

Deej,

THANK YOU! Total Distance: 43.9 miles (70.32 Km)

Estimated Time: 51 minutes. Not too bad! This is what I will have to traverse to see The Queen tomorrow. Thanks for the Yahoo site! I am now appropriately "simmered". ;)

Lucky,

:( I am sorry it isn't near you yet! I thought things were more progressive in the wild wild west?

edjames,

Cool site indeed! I will have to explore this! Helen Mirren, who has an article in the recent issue of Entertainment Weekly, deserved her Emmey win for playing Elizabeth on HBO. I am sure, like you said, her performance is outstanding and she will receive some recognition for this Elizabeth. JT Brooklyn, my fellow anglophile, also said it was outstanding. And, believe it or not, I am going to see this tomorrow in an AMC Loews Theatre! I am very pleased to know I can also see Jackass Two after I see The Queen!

For those of you in the semi-metro NYC suburban area (I think I just rezoned an entire region) you can catch The Queen at:

Jacob Burns Film Center

364 Manville Road

Pleasantville, NY 10570

11:45am |3:00pm |5:15pm |7:30pm |9:45pm

AMC Loews Palisades Center Theatre (where I am going to see it)

4403 Palisades Center Drive

West Nyack, NY 10994

12:35pm |3:00pm |5:35pm |8:15pm |10:40pm (the 12:35 is looking good to me)

National Amusements City Center 15: Cinema de Lux

19 Mamaroneck Avenue

White Plains, NY 10601

12:00pm |2:25pm |4:45pm |7:05pm |9:40pm |11:55pm

Thanks for your help everyone! I am just happy I will be seeing this on a large, legitimate screen that doesn't have stains on it or "BoBo Wuz Here" written on it.

>Go to

>

>http://www.rottentomatoes.com

>

>to find out closest theater to you playing the film.

>

>This site gathers reviews for every movie. You can read

>what the critics are thinking. Very helpful.

Where has this site been all of my life! A movie lover's dream! A forum for each movie, American and foreign versions of trailers, AND I live their movie locater ... it found more theaters for me to choose from! Thanks for this great site!

I am going to a later showing tonight.

Archived