I Have Ordered A Walker!

Avalon
This topic is 2054 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Avalon, for someone who spends a lot of time surfing the web and this site, you don't seem to appreciate the time and effort members spend trying to provide you with good advice and help. (Just MY Opinion, and yes, I know the "implied tone")

When you post the details of your life and the challenges you face with many obstacles, there is an assumption on the part of many on this message board that you are seeking assistance. Is that not the case? If not, I have a few other suggestions for you which I will not post right now (lol).

You are eligible for transportation, to and from doctors and other vital services that you desperately need. Medicare has many, many benefits available to you. Have you called the Medicare hotline. The operators are full of wonderful advice.

I've already given you my best possible advice in many other posts and it comes from experience dealing with my elderly parents, my neighbor, and my deceased lover, who was on Medicaid and other social services. We have several elderly tenants in my building and we've gotten them assistance, such as Meals-On-Wheels and they have all benefited greatly from these programs and one, in particular, after a rather long and intensive hospital/rehab stay now is up and about, and receiving home care. She fought everyone along the way but we proved her wrong.

So do you want help or not? Why are you so reluctant to seek help outside the four walls of you apartment? Are you that afraid? And, no, not wanting to be a burden on others doesn't fly with me as an excuse. Believe it or not, you are already a burden. (whoops! there I go again with that implied tone)

Take a look at this site and let us know if you've done anything. We don't know what state, city or county you're in, so we rely on you to do some work.

My apologies to my fellow Message Board members who may think I've been too rough.

https://www.longtermcarelink.net/a7-transportation_services.htm

good luck!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Avalon, for someone who spends a lot of time surfing the web and this site, you don't seem to appreciate the time and effort members spend trying to provide you with good advice and help. (Just MY Opinion, and yes, I know the "implied tone")

When you post the details of your life and the challenges you face with many obstacles, there is an assumption on the part of many on this message board that you are seeking assistance. Is that not the case? If not, I have a few other suggestions for you which I will not post right now (lol).

You are eligible for transportation, to and from doctors and other vital services that you desperately need. Medicare has many, many benefits available to you. Have you called the Medicare hotline. The operators are full of wonderful advice.

I've already given you my best possible advice in many other posts and it comes from experience dealing with my elderly parents, my neighbor, and my deceased lover, who was on Medicaid and other social services. We have several elderly tenants in my building and we've gotten them assistance, such as Meals-On-Wheels and they have all benefited greatly from these programs and one, in particular, after a rather long and intensive hospital/rehab stay now is up and about, and receiving home care. She fought everyone along the way but we proved her wrong.

So do you want help or not? Why are you so reluctant to seek help outside the four walls of you apartment? Are you that afraid? And, no, not wanting to be a burden on others doesn't fly with me as an excuse. Believe it or not, you are already a burden. (whoops! there I go again with that implied tone)

Take a look at this site and let us know if you've done anything. We don't know what state, city or county you're in, so we rely on you to do some work.

My apologies to my fellow Message Board members who may think I've been too rough.

https://www.longtermcarelink.net/a7-transportation_services.htm

good luck!

Thank-you for the link.

@Avalon, please mention your state. Many people are trying to help, as you can see.

By accident, you are blocking sincere assistance because nobody know what state services or federal may exist

Many years ago I shared too much personal information with someone I thought was friend. That was a bad experience I never want to go through again.

I would suggest to you that there were more people on the left here that encouraged you to get up and buy a walker so you could get up off your ass and be a better victim than you have always purported to be than those here of the right have ever done.

I could be wrong about that, but I suspect I’m not.

You haven't congratulated @Avalon for buying a walker and making an effort to improve his life and living conditions.

This would count as your way to tell him:

giphy.gif

Many years ago I shared too much personal information with someone I thought was friend. That was a bad experience I never want to go through again.

Do you feel telling us what state you live in is too much info? Many people here are a valuable resource you should be using!!

Do you feel telling us what state you live in is too much info? Many people here are a valuable resource you should be using!!

The old expression "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". Being fooled once was enough. There are many good and kind people here in these forums. In fact I think that the the majority are. But remember too there have been some who have been banned for personally attacking me.

The old expression "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". Being fooled once was enough. There are many good and kind people here in these forums. In fact I think that the the majority are. But remember too there have been some who have been banned for personally attacking me.

We've all been attacked at one time or another on here. Let people help you. We will not send Hillary Clinton to your door!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Good luck Avalon. Not sure how much info can be gleaned by simply naming your city, state. But, if you mention a larger city that you are nearby that may help others identify the services that you seek.

My concern is Avalon may live in the same State as other members. If I lived within driving distance, who knows?

It would be to help in any way possible, and only if he wanted me to help.

@Avalon of course it is up to you what you reveal but just seems a bit too much paranoia. Anyways, since it seems being on a computer is almost your whole life maybe you should look into a forum for people with similar situation where people can actually help and you won't be so afraid to identify even which state you are in.

You can't have a better tomorrow if you're thinking about yesterday.

You could always PM at least your state to those who have reached out to help.

@Avalon of course it is up to you what you reveal but just seems a bit too much paranoia. Anyways, since it seems being on a computer is almost your whole life maybe you should look into a forum for people with similar situation where people can actually help and you won't be so afraid to identify even which state you are in.

Does Fox News have a gay forum?

giphy.gif

you already told us you pay $530 per month for your apartment... Do you live in Midtown Manhattan...? Just kidding!

Don't worry is a hell of a big country, just tell folks you live in a city called Springfield and nobody will ever find you :)