can anyone recommend a good quality apt cleaner?

darger
This topic is 2055 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Best to get a personal recommendation. Ask your neighbors. Also, doormen are a great source f this info.

Be careful! NYC papers recently reported...

Boozy maid who passed out on floor allegedly pulled same stunt more than once

maid-passed-out.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

A cleaning lady passed out drunk on the kitchen floor of the Brooklyn apartment she was hired to clean.

The maid who drank a Williamsburg woman’s vodka and passed out on her kitchen floorhas pulled the same stunt before — and more than once.

“[she was] nude waist down, lying on the couch on the verge of being asleep,” Nicholas Gomes said of the scene he came home to in March 2016 after hiring Joanna Oltuszewska to clean his Manhattan apartment.

Gomes, who found Oltuszewska via Yelp, says he had a similar experience to Brooklyn’s Genevieve Snow, whose story about finding the cleaner facedown in her kitchen made The Post’s front page.

Gomes said Oltuszewska did actually clean most of his Kips Bay pad — until she “got to the bar cart” and found his blackberry brandy.

SEE ALSO

Worst maid ever drank my booze, wrecked my home and passed out on the floor

He found her pantsless near two smashed MacBooks; she claimed her boyfriend had come by and assaulted her. But Gomes says the doorman and security cameras showed no one else entered.

“She just stared at me confused, and I called the cops as I told her it was OK, I was getting her a friend to take her home,” Gomes said.

He says Oltuszewska took a plea deal for disorderly conduct and agreed to pay him $2,000 in restitution — but he only ever received $400 and has since given up trying to chase her down.

He’s not alone. A Midwood, Brooklyn, woman had a disastrous session with the maid in January 2017.

“When I came home that day, I noticed the garbage in the hallway on the floor of my building and it smelled terribly and was like, ‘What is that?’ ” said the woman, who would only give her name as Jennifer C.

“I went into the apartment and it looked like nothing had been cleaned and a bottle of mostly drunk wine was gone.”

Jennifer says she also tried to get her money back but Oltuszewska stopped responding to messages.

Another couple on the Upper West Side say they hired Oltuszewska in December 2017 and the maid not only helped herself to their whiskey — but also left blood and urine stains across the house.

“Joanna, here is a picture of our rug, our coat closet where she made a mess, the glass of whiskey she poured for herself, and the only ‘work’ she did in the two and a half hours she was here which was to load our dishwasher in a bizarre and hugely messy way,” the wife wrote in an email to Oltuszewska afterward.

They, too, say they tried to get her to pay for the damage but say she stopped responding to their messages.

Oltuszewska did not respond to requests for comment.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/08/boozy-maid-who-passed-out-on-floor-allegedly-pulled-same-stunt-more-than-once/