Alejandrovez 411 NYC

queensboroboy
This topic is 2037 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Harlem has always been a vital neighborhood and home to many different racial and ethnic groups during the decades. Like many/most areas that were neglected as it came to be populated by persons of color, it was home to problems: drugs, crime, sub-standard housing. It was also the site of much police violence against the resident communities.

People say that it is being "gentrified" and I prefer to say it is being re-colonized - it is a valuable piece of real estate to be sure -- well served by transportation, conveniently located, and with some amazing housing stock.

Let us be very very mindful of how and when we use the word "ghetto" to describe communities of color.

Where he lives (based on the map in his ad) used to be one of the worst areas in all of NYC. Maybe the neighborhood has changed or maybe going to a ghetto isn’t a concern for you.

@cj2001 not sure where in Harlem you are and I realize some neighborhoods there are ok.

“Used to.” So maybe do some research before discouraging users on the forum to venture out to see a potential hire. HK/Times Square also “used to” to be one of the worst areas in NYC. Is it now? It is not. The neighborhood has changed, and I think you should always be weary of your surroundings wherever you are in NYC, it’s NYC. Also, “a ghetto?” Really? You’re my favorite kind of client (eyeroll).

“Used to.” So maybe do some research before discouraging users on the forum to venture out to see a potential hire. HK/Times Square also “used to” to be one of the worst areas in NYC. Is it now? It is not. The neighborhood has changed, and I think you should always be weary of your surroundings wherever you are in NYC, it’s NYC. Also, “a ghetto?” Really? You’re my favorite kind of client (eyeroll).

My apologies for making an outdated remark.

• 2 weeks later...