Jimmy Dean Breakfasts?

Avalon
This topic is 1950 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I would not be able to stand that long. I only use the microwave oven. But the grocery store has bags of shelled hard boiled eggs I get.

Or you could put eggs in a pot of cold water with a touch of sea salt - cover - set the timer for 12 minutes and turn on the burner sit down -- or didn't you get a wheelchair? Buzzer rings turn off vent steam - let cool in pot -- Sit --- Later once cool - dump water - pack eggs and refrigerate -- shell as needed --- Sit --

BTW I also have problems standing due to severe unresolved orthopedic issues and I cook from a wheelchair ---- Yesterday I roasted a small chicken with potatoes and veggies and made a cornbread from a mix to which I added fresh dill from my lil 4in window pots of herbs --- Today I stripped the chicken carcass - added the leftover veggies water - broth - seasoning and made a chicken veggie soup/stew -- remove carcass -- add chopped chicken and more veggies and herbs --- all in the crock pot with left over dilled corn bread -- MMMMM Good and at least 3-4 meals --- All from the wheelchair --- and before I had a wheelchair I used a kitchen chair and a walker ----

The wheels make it easier to sweep the floor and spot clean the tile with a cloth/spray and my foot -- when I am done cooking -

you just gotta wanna do it and you will figure a way -- humans are very clever critters!

Edited by Bearofdistinction

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you could eggs in a pot of cold water with a touch of sea salt - cover - set the timer for 12 minutes and turn on the burner sit down -- or didn't you get a wheelchair? Buzzer rings turn off vent steam - let cool in pot -- Sit --- Later once cool - dump water - pack eggs and refrigerate -- shell as needed --- Sit

I didn't get a wheelchair; I wouldn't be able to manage around the apartment in one. I use my walker. But I did put a chair in the kitchen.

Regarding shelling hard boiled eggs - when I did make hard boiled I would shell them immediately. If I waited until they cooled it was too difficult.

Also I learned to only hard boil as many as I was going to then eat at that time. One time I hard boiled a dozen (and pealed them) and put them in the refrigerator planning on having a couple each day. But the end of the week they were not tasting very good.

But my store store sells pealed hard boiled eggs - six in a bag. Last order I bought three bags. I've only opened one thus far. I hope the others have remained fresh.

BTW I also have problems standing due to severe unresolved orthopedic issues and I cook from a wheelchair

I can walk, but stiffly and sometimes painfully due to back issues. Standing still is worse than walking. I keep a computer chair in my (galley) kitchen so I can roll back and forth and face either side. I cook and do dishes sitting down, standing only when necessary.

I can walk, but stiffly and sometimes painfully due to back issues. Standing still is worse than walking. I keep a computer chair in my (galley) kitchen so I can roll back and forth and face either side. I cook and do dishes sitting down, standing only when necessary.

Great minds Sam --- This was my next step before WC

A kitchen stool on wheels --- similar to pictured below -- have seen that at HDepot/Loews/Bed-Bath/Etc and used on Craigs list -- New all around $45-55 - Used on CL $10-15 also see a lot of them at thrift shops - yard sales

https://express.google.com/u/0/product/9293168289044000329_675480952325824892_118724597?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=tu_cu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt,eid-aiwrngiozo&gtim=CPjOtLKc7Zj-nwEQ-4HvrMC_8_GQARjQ4sAZIgNVU0QooLik4gUw9a_OOA&utm_campaign=118724597&gclid=CjwKCAiA4OvhBRAjEiwAU2FoJXuNd-kraczf3g1mcr6tzlh8qfpOSdR8jiKLqHYBAK3RFIeg50DuNxoCRYoQAvD_BwE

Edited by Bearofdistinction

• 2 weeks later...