SHAMELESS Returns Tonight On Showtime

Avalon
This topic is 1941 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Because I subscribe to Showtime with Hulu I got to watch the first episode of this new season this morning. I hope that will happen every week.

Regarding the interracial couple - only two daughters were seen in this episode. I thought they had one or two more children including a boy.

Kevin and "V" have the two daughters. The little boy that is usually in their household is the son of Svetlana, the Russian who had become part owner of their bar, and Mickey, who was Ian's boyfriend. For parts of the previous season, Kevin, V, and Svetlana formed a "thruple", a threesome couple.

The much anticipated season premiere of Shameless was a big yawn!

The Gallagher’s are out doing their own thing. Each family member has their own segment.

Frank, the stud (seriously), is bedding the mothers of the PTA! Saw a bit too much of his bod in bed. Keep the sheets up. And, the sexually transmitted disease routine just went on too long. Thanks to the gay guys for providing some comic relief. Nice kiss!

Fiona is all over town from trying to bail out Ian, to fixing up her building, & reading her bf’s iPhone messages, oops, dropped the phone in the toilet. She did look hot!

Boring Debs is earning a living welding & wearing diapers (don’t ask)... Karl’s playing soldier while his “wife” is outside the camp’s fence playing cheerleader. We’re left to believe that one of the cadets killed her.

As for Lip, his buzz cut will take some time adjusting to. Still smoking like a chimney & having one night stands. Seems to be a loser in relationships.

Now, Ian’s in jail for blowing up a van. He’s organized an inmate strike trying to get the gay bottom inmates some rights against the aggressive tops. As usual, he’s off his meds & thinks he’s some chosen one to spread the word of Gay Jesus.

Kevin & V, the bar owners, are busy trying to raise their 2 overactive daughters. Kevin feels that if playing fetch with dogs can tire them out, he can do the same with his daughters. Oh, btw, he keeps them caged in while at the bar.

Forgot the young boys name, the one in private school. He’s seen outside the school trying to find the owners of the silverware Frank stole from the PTA moms during his conquests. Sounds exciting?

Did I leave anything out?

Hope the story line can pick up, if not, Season 9 will be it’s death knell.

Edited by Cooper

Kevin and "V" have the two daughters. The little boy that is usually in their household is the son of Svetlana, the Russian who had become part owner of their bar, and Mickey, who was Ian's boyfriend. For parts of the previous season, Kevin, V, and Svetlana formed a "thruple", a threesome couple.

Thank-you!

The much anticipated season premiere of Shameless was a big yawn!

The Gallagher’s are out doing their own thing. Each family member has their own segment.

Frank, the stud (seriously), is bedding the mothers of the PTA! Saw a bit too much of his bod in bed. Keep the sheets up. And, the sexually transmitted disease routine just went on too long. Thanks to the gay guys for providing some comic relief. Nice kiss!

Fiona is all over town from trying to bail out Ian, to fixing up her building, & reading her bf’s iPhone messages, oops, dropped the phone in the toilet. She did look hot!

Boring Debs is earning a living welding & wearing diapers (don’t ask)... Karl’s playing soldier while his “wife” is outside the camp’s fence playing cheerleader. We’re left to believe that one of the cadets killed her.

As for Flip, his buzz cut will take some time adjusting to. Still smoking like a chimney & having one night stands. Seems to be a loser in relationships.

Now, Ian’s in jail for blowing up a van. He’s organized a inmate strike trying to get the gay bottom inmates some rights against the aggressive tops. As usual, he’s off his meds & thinks he’s some chosen one to spread the word of Gay Jesus.

Kevin & V, the bar owners, are busy trying to raise their 2 overactive daughters. Kevin feels that if playing fetch with dogs can tire them out, he can do the same with his daughters. Oh, btw, he keeps them caged in while at the bar.

Forgot the young boys name, the one in private school. He’s seen outside the school trying to find the owners of the silverware Frank stole from the PTA moms during his conquests. Sounds exciting?

Did I leave anything out?

Hope the story line can pick up, if not, Season 9 will be it’s death knell.

Gee @Cooper thanks! Now I can give up my Showtime subscription! (end sarcasm)

I kinda agree but there was an all to brief almost naked shot of Kevin’s fine body that sorta saved the day for me.

What has Showtime done to Shameless? @Avalon

Episode 2 of the new season was another yawn.

The wild & crazy Gallagher family is now a hardworking, law abiding family with each member having their own story.

Frank is managing a campaign.

Fiona is investing into real estate with advice from baby brother Liam.

Lip is caring for a friend’s daughter, attending AA meetings, & working as a motorcycle mechanic.

Ian, still off his meds & now out of jail, no longer wants to be the spokesperson for the gay Jesus movement. He definitely needs a boyfriend.

Carl, still wearing his cadet’s uniform, is saving old dogs from being put-down. Has a basement full of them. Even gave a military send off to one.

Boring Debs seems to be preparing for a lesbian relationship.

Now, for the comic relief couple, YEA!, Kevin & V, have found a day care center for their twins. Only problem is, the center has room for just 1, however, they have a plan to fool the nuns.

@g56whiz... Did I leave anything out? This used to be one of my favorite shows. Now, I watch it tapped with the remote in my hand to FF.

I wonder if we'll see Ian's boyfriend this season? He used to be on "The Fosters"; his character there was straight.

Will we find out what happened to Carl's girlfriend?

Poor Liam! Kicked out of school with only three weeks to go because of Frank!

I don't know whether the show will come back for another season but I understand that the actress who plays Fiona is leaving the show.

I wonder if the twins are old enough to play off the scam?

And Frank! Will a campaign slogan MAKE CHICAGO WHITE work in Chicago? ;-))) (The candidate's last name is White)

What has Showtime done to Shameless? @Avalon

Episode 2 of the new season was another yawn.

The wild & crazy Gallagher family is now a hardworking, law abiding family with each member having their own story.

Frank is managing a campaign.

Fiona is investing into real estate with advice from baby brother Liam.

Lip is caring for a friend’s daughter, attending AA meetings, & working as a motorcycle mechanic.

Ian, still off his meds & now out of jail, no longer wants to be the spokesperson for the gay Jesus movement. He definitely needs a boyfriend.

Carl, still wearing his cadet’s uniform, is saving old dogs from being put-down. Has a basement full of them. Even gave a military send off to one.

Boring Debs seems to be preparing for a lesbian relationship.

Now, for the comic relief couple, YEA!, Kevin & V, have found a day care center for their twins. Only problem is, the center has room for just 1, however, they have a plan to fool the nuns.

@g56whiz... Did I leave anything out? This used to be one of my favorite shows. Now, I watch it tapped with the remote in my hand to FF.

Nope. You got it all. I keep hoping they’re creating a calm before a storm. There are a few possibilities like what will Ian do, what happened to Carl’s girlfriend, will Deb do Dora. What will Frank’s campaign say about Trump’s presidency. Lots of potential but my patience is waning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shameless_(season_9)

Having Showtime thru Hulu I was able again to watch the new episode in the morning rather than wait until Sunday night.

Sadly the season is split in two. The first ends in October then we'll have to wait until 2019 for the rest.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Least anyone has forgotten Ian is not Frank's son but that of his brother. Carl is a Native American. Never explained how Liam is black.

• 1 month later...

It's been almost a week since the last episode aired. At the end Ian went to prison and he met his new cellmate - it's Micky played by Noel Fisher. YAY! His name was not in the opening credits like when he was on the show before. It was a complete and delightful surprise! I'm hoping now that he'll be back in the opening credits.

It's been almost a week since the last episode aired. At the end Ian went to prison and he met his new cellmate - it's Micky played by Noel Fisher. YAY! His name was not in the opening credits like when he was on the show before. It was a complete and delightful surprise! I'm hoping now that he'll be back in the opening credits.

A quick peek at Micky as a fade out was a stunner. I hope Shameless hasn't jumped the shark. Well except that they seem do this all the time and get away with it. The only thing that bothers me about this series is that it is nearly impossible to describe to an outsider and somewhat embarrassing trying to explain why you like it. As @Avalon warned, this Sunday is the last episode until 2019 but it returns in January 2019 if I'm not mistaken.

Actually this Shameless season is ending just in time. I'm already 2 episodes behind of Madame Secretary, who knows how many behind of Deuce on HBO and Ray Donovan begins again in early November. I mean Poldark, The Durrells in Corfu and endless reruns of Downton Abbey on PBS. All on Sunday! There's a limit to how many shows my DVR can record simultaneously.

• 3 months later...

The show has returned. I thought that Carl's girlfriend had disappeared. She was camped outside his military school and one of the other cadets helped her disappear.

I miss Ian. It was the same old intro but his name was not in the credits.